Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Client R8 and server R12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Thats why i try keeping to revive you so you won't lose your points.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Thats why i try keeping to revive you so you won't lose your points.

Ha ha b@stard!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Patch has now passed EA testing. It's with Steam for their approval. Current plan is Wednesday, with a slip to the following Monday at worst.

http://twitter.com/Bazajaytee/status/16483668942

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There's some last minute issue, it's now back to next Monday. But it sounds like it's minor at least.

http://twitter.com/Bazajaytee/status/16780894152

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

These guys should be world cup Refs FFS!!!! Talk about amateurs.....:mad: I mean why test it at all it will still be Fooked when released!!!!

• Advertisement

http://twitter.com/Bazajaytee/status/16926100828

It's had the needed fixes and is back with Steam QA, heading for a Monday 28th release.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

but will they fix the garand bug?? sose we can get the badges, the stinking badges.

yankinlk wrote: »
    but will they fix the garand bug?? sose we can get the badges, the stinking badges.

Already confirmed as being fixed in this patch, and fixed on the console editions.

Any news on this bad boy yet Spear mate?

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Any news on this bad boy yet Spear mate?

Nothing, but at least they're not saying no either.

• Advertisement

This is the twitter of the new community manager Zh1nt0

http://twitter.com/zh1nt0

word should come from there quickest.

These however are Zh1nt0's stats:

http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/zh1nt0

He's a bit new to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Typical of EA and Dice. Forget support and anything decent coming to the game. At least it was a while longer with BF2 before they screwed over the community. Total ****ing joke tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

zh1nt0:The blog post said early next Week. I will update my twitter as soon as i know more.

So early this week was the very latest update, not for 28th http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2010/06/24/community-news-1.aspx

ps here's the url that the game uses to check the current version:
    http://easo.ea.com/easo/editorial/BF/2010/BFBC2/config/PC/version (currently at 529843, if it changes it means that there is an update available so you dont have to load the game to check)

and here's the url for the news ticker on the main menu (not much use tbh): http://easo.ea.com/easo/editorial/BF/2010/BFBC2/config/PC/game.xml

It's confirmed for release this Wednesday:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/bc2-pc-service-update/1196780-client-r8-server-r15-release-info.html#post16230170

Michael Kalms is the dev behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

just announced on twitter...servers to be updated Wed morning...
    some really nice fixes in there plus finally toggle croch :eek:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/bc2-pc-service-update/1088496-client-r8-server-r12-qa.html

Changelog:

Server - Some potential sources for lag/rubberbanding have been eliminated
    Server - The old reserved slots has been replaced by a kick-on-demand system like in BF2
    Server - Log file for server admins: all remote admin interface commands/events are logged
    Server - Log file for server admins: major server events + all chat messages are logged
    Server - Idle kick is controllable
    Server - Profanity filter can be disabled
    Server - Teamkill-kick system is controllable
    Server - Ticket counts and bleed rate are controllable per-level
    Server - Infantry only mode available per-level
    Server - Initial spawn delay and respawn delay are adjustable
    Server - Server description can be up to 400 characters, and use "|" for line breaks
    Server - Banlist can contain up to 10.000 entries
    Server - reduced latency in packet handling

Admin Interface - fixed the player.onKill spam that occasionally happened
    Admin Interface - ensured that player.onJoin events always report the player name
    Admin Interface - events triggered when people spawn
    Admin Interface - much more info on kills
    Admin Interface - detailed stats are reported at end-of-round

Gameplay - Various minor level bugfixes
    Gameplay - Helicopter handling has been tweaked
    Gameplay - Weapon tweaks have been implemented based on PC public feedback
    Gameplay - Tracer dart gun speed has been changed from 300 m/s to 200 m/s
    Gameplay - Fixed technical hang when a crate was armed outside of the combat area
    Gameplay - "Victory is near" message was shown for the wrong team on Valparaíso, this has been fixed
    Gameplay - Countermeasures can be fired when driving a helicopter
    Gameplay - The brightness of the pilot view in the Russian helicopter has been reduced
    Gameplay - Advanced Spotting scope works better
    Gameplay - Knifing people in the back works again (we backed out the change that we had done for Server R11)
    Gameplay - Hit box for moving targets expands based on the speed of the targets movement
    Gameplay - G36 now has crosshair when in Hardcore mode

Server Browser - Servers are sorted into 3 categories: Normal, Modified, Hardcore depending on their settings
    Server Browser – Added support for retrieving update progress
    Server Browser - Now refreshes information
    Server Browser - Join queue system when attempting to join a full server
    Server Browser - All settings are automatically saved between sessions
    Server Browser - Pings are sent via an alternate mechanism, which should work for non-Administrator users as well

Client - Fixed DX9 issue, which likely caused graphics glitches and perhaps crashes
    Client - Fixed some crashes
    Client - Toggle/hold crouch is user controllable
    Client - Toggle/hold zoom is user controllable
    Client - Vsync bugfixed for DX10/DX11
    Client - Rewritten how settings are written to disk; this should reduce/eliminate the spawn lag
    Client - Fixed bug where a player could join a server before the stats has been downloaded causing faulty stats in "EOR- unlock progression"-screen
    Client - New chat system allows chatting when dead (but not during end of round) and keeps a 100 lines log
    Client - Improved Play Now functionality
    Client - Removed K/D ratio and Skill Level filters in the leaderboards
    Client - Any points you get while being dead will be added to your score
    Client - Reduced negative mouse acceleration
    Client - Increased health on the Cobra to match other vehicles
    Client - More informative disconnection/kick reasons
    Client - Support for Map Packs so PC gets future VIP maps at the same time as consoles

Slightly increased the damage of the UZI at long range.
    The AKs74u now has more felt recoil when aiming.
    The G3, VSS, and all SemiAutomatic rifles now settle slightly faster between shots when aiming.
    The PKM, Type 88LMG, G3, An94, and 40mm shotgun have returned to their former glory.
    Increased the damage of the MG3 to bring it in line with the rest of the LMGs.
    Fixed a bug where the Saiga12 with slugs would do too much damage at long range.
    Fixed a bug where the SVU would do too little damage at long range.
    Fixed a bug where M95 rounds would not kill armored targets with headshots.

Toggle crotch?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Toggle crotch?

Jaysus don't tell us what you do during games.

Jaysus don't tell us what you do during games.

horse..I'll describe it in intimate detail over TS the next time I'm on..:)

Dubs the last time you Toggled your Crotch ur missus had a BABY....:D

Did I miss the infantry only option or is it not in there:confused:

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Did I miss the infantry only option or is it not in there:confused:

You missed it:
    Server - Infantry only mode available per-level

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Infantry only option=Modern Warfare 2.

Battlefield is for infantry AND vehicles. Playing most of the maps Infantry only will result in masses of snipers on hills. Arica Harbour & White Pass are the Conquest maps that work with infantry only. Panama Canal and the rest will have loads of running between points. As for Rush, who wants to try the first part of Arica Harbour on foot? :)

Battlefield is for infantry AND vehicles. Playing most of the maps Infantry only will result in masses of snipers on hills. Arica Harbour & White Pass are the Conquest maps that work with infantry only. Panama Canal and the rest will have loads of running between points. As for Rush, who wants to try the first part of Arica Harbour on foot? :)

agreed...stupid option to have really...squad deathmatch is basically infantry so why bring it in..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Battlefield is for infantry AND vehicles.

Cant say i fully agree.
    The infantry combat is light years ahead of mw2.
    BF2 offered an infantry only option via a patch too and it was great fun.
    Its nice to have the option.

I do agree with you about the potential for masses of snipers.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

TiG Server will be INF only for the next while to we see how it runs.

Also Inf only BF2 was by far the best way to play the game. IMO of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Best be tomorrow when its out. I note the increased hitboxes when a target is running... whats that about? And why increase the speed of the tracer only to decrease it?

Still though Im not whinging....once they actually release it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Using updater to patch right now.

argggh, that don't work, anyone have a link for a good download?

TheFairy wrote: »
    TiG Server will be INF only for the next while to we see how it runs.

Also Inf only BF2 was by far the best way to play the game. IMO of course.

You're mad :eek:
    I hated Infantry only games...
    Everyone was either sniper/medic or support. At least with the vehicles in it tactics came into play.

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    You're mad :eek:
    I hated Infantry only games...
    Everyone was either sniper/medic or support. At least with the vehicles in it tactics came into play.

With Inf only, its just a run and gun fest TBH. Boring.

May as well be playing COD or Unreal or some other sh1te, because there's no difference then to the gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

I'm downloading it now (good old logmein allows me to do it from work)

• Advertisement

WTF are all you guys on about! You telling me that the only reason there are so few snipers in BC2 is ARMOUR.....:rolleyes: Bullsh1te.

No killcam would have more snipers then no tanks i tells ya, it would be brilliant if you could limited the armour rather then completely void them from levels. Some maps there is just TOO MUCH a little bit of tweaking would be great.

Also i hope they leave a few quads around

Advertisement