Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Client R8 and server R12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

I like a mixture of game-modes, I like infantry-only too but I wouldnt be happy playing it all the time.

Most people dont know how to lock on to tracer darts, that's a big problem when you're trying to take out vehicles. I always carry a tracer pistol when playing as assault but it's really frustrating when the engineers dont immediately start locking on when you've tagged a vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Anyone played it yet?, Has the AN-94 been knocked back a peg or 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

LMFAO @ Horse.....PANIC STATIONS........:eek:

Adapt and survive my old mucker, you be fine. PMSL

I like a mixture of game-modes, I like infantry-only too but I wouldnt be happy playing it all the time.

Most people dont know how to lock on to tracer darts, that's a big problem when you're trying to take out vehicles. I always carry a tracer pistol when playing as assault but it's really frustrating when the engineers dont immediately start locking on when you've tagged a vehicle.

TBH alot of peeps think that if they dont tag it they cant trace it!!!! Also some peeps are also not aware that not ALL the RPG's TRACK n TRACE.....the amount of peeps typing up my "RPG will not lock on" when they selected the wrong RPG that does not TRACE!

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    LMFAO @ Horse.....PANIC STATIONS........:eek:

Adapt and survive my old mucker, you be fine. PMSL

Not too bothered, was using the M16 the other night, better than the AN in some situations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Admin tool we are using now allows kit limiting, and better than that also weapon limiting. Server is running inf only, with only 2 snipers and 3 engineers per team, if the admin tool is doing the trick that is!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

TheFairy wrote: »
    Admin tool we are using now allows kit limiting, and better than that also weapon limiting. Server is running inf only, with only 2 snipers and 3 engineers per team, if the admin tool is doing the trick that is!

Which admin tool are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

oohh excellent...that should really bring a lot of fun back into games..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

TBH alot of peeps think that if they dont tag it they cant trace it!!!! Also some peeps are also not aware that not ALL the RPG's TRACK n TRACE.....the amount of peeps typing up my "RPG will not lock on" when they selected the wrong RPG that does not TRACE!

I prefer the non tracking one because it's got more bang for yer buck. Pretty useless for anything other than it's intended use, but that suits me fine.

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    oohh excellent...that should really bring a lot of fun back into games..

Do you have control at a squad level? like maybe 1 sniper, 1 eng, 2 med and 4 assault allowed? and don't say that's 8 players, I'm talking about amount of allowed classes per team:D

• Advertisement

...Server is running inf only, with only 2 snipers and 3 engineers per team...

That what you mean?

I prefer the non tracking one because it's got more bang for yer buck. Pretty useless for anything other than it's intended use, but that suits me fine.

Yer! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Knife works again, yay!

No red dot sight on M14 or G3 as was widely believed and demanded. G3 is better again though.

M1 stats track, but the all weapons bronze award doesn't work despite this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

are you SUUUuuuuure? Could you be missing shotgun gadget?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

I ran into the kit limiter earlier. Selected sniper (only 22 more headshots and back to proper weapons) and clicked on a flag. Spawned and died and an auto message said only 2 snipers per side allowed. And had to wait to respawn again.

It's annoying and I think it'll cause people not to return to servers using it.

Upside was there was entire squads standing near my nades at flags :D

Hmmm painful, but sure it will get the message across quickly. Will add a message to advise this. Thanks for the feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

The spawn death wasn't registered as a death on the scoreboard. Don't know if it'll work the same on TiG tho.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

yankinlk wrote: »
    are you SUUUuuuuure? Could you be missing shotgun gadget?

Nope, I have silver on the 40mm shotgun.

Hmmm it will be a while before we get out bearing with this but I think the more choice we have the better. Can you set the limits just to one class I hope so....nothing wrong with alot of engi's around some of the weapons are great...even if no armour.

Spear wrote: »
    Nope, I have silver on the 40mm shotgun.

It seems the answer is that the DLC items were added as requirements for this:

http://www.statsforum.de/BFBCs.com+General/%22All+weapons+bronze+star%22+post+513079.html#post513079

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »
    It seems the answer is that the DLC items were added as requirements for this:

http://www.statsforum.de/BFBCs.com+General/%22All+weapons+bronze+star%22+post+513079.html#post513079

Thats shocking although nothing would surprise me anymore with EA and the DLC on the PSN and Xbox live stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

the amount of peeps typing up my "RPG will not lock on" when they selected the wrong RPG that does not TRACE!
    Wrong RPG? You mean the one that you can control when it's in flight? Usually use the basic RPG, which works a charm.
    It's annoying and I think it'll cause people not to return to servers using it.
    To be honest, if it stops my team being full of snipers, and instead having to actually cap the flags, I welcome it.

=-=

With the class limit and inf only, it makes a nice change on the conquest maps.

One of the RPG's (not sure which) actually says in the description when selecting "not tracer dart compatible" so no point in having the tracer dart instead of a hand gun.....:rolleyes:

Well 1st impressions on the new patch.....Well even if they did not fix anything else the VSYNC working makes a HUGE difference to the game, especially when maxing the game out. It actually makes the game feel so much different, a hell of alot smoother making it feel much better. BUT it will take a little time to set up the game around it....

I hate when your settings get wiped and It took me an age to get the mouse settings etc right again (still needs a touch of tweaking) but I for one am delighted with the VSYNC working.

Was sad to see the medic MG3 did not get a little beef up and the scope on the MG36 is still CRAP.....Will give it a good session later to iron out the faults.

I'd like it if they reduced the number on eng from 3 to say 1 or 2, in a 4 v 4 like last night the other team had 3 eng + 1 random.
    The CG should be taken out too, no need for it really. The boys were sniping with em across the full map lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The CG should be taken out too, no need for it really. The boys were sniping with em across the full map lol.
    With a blinking red tracer on you, you can run, but can't hide :D It also lights you up on the map :pac:
    Well even if they did not fix anything else the VSYNC working makes a HUGE difference to the game, especially when maxing the game out. It actually makes the game feel so much different, a hell of alot smoother making it feel much better. BUT it will take a little time to set up the game around it....
    Hrm... I got a load of artifacts, weird graphical glitches, etc, last night. Almost unplayable :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Only thing I've noticed recently is lag, nothing like your screen freezing during a game of knifey-spooney.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

One of the RPG's (not sure which) actually says in the description when selecting "not tracer dart compatible" so no point in having the tracer dart instead of a hand gun.....:rolleyes:

Well 1st impressions on the new patch.....Well even if they did not fix anything else the VSYNC working makes a HUGE difference to the game, especially when maxing the game out. It actually makes the game feel so much different, a hell of alot smoother making it feel much better. BUT it will take a little time to set up the game around it....

I hate when your settings get wiped and It took me an age to get the mouse settings etc right again (still needs a touch of tweaking) but I for one am delighted with the VSYNC working.

Was sad to see the medic MG3 did not get a little beef up and the scope on the MG36 is still CRAP.....Will give it a good session later to iron out the faults.

I always forget whenit comes to vsync but under what circumstances should you enable it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Just updated.

Server queuing.

Nice!

Its a matter of personal preference mate....I enable VSYNC all the time, I cannot stand tearing of any kind especially in an FPS game...it makes the screen terrible to look at. So I would say yes....BIG TIME.

You might suffer a little performance wise with lower end graphics cards but thankfully I dont have that little problem...;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

I think it was a mistake for them to change the damage of the AT4 rocket - now there's no advantage to the added risk of self-guiding rockets towards targets.

RPG-7 now does equal damage, has greater splash damage radius and, with tracer dart, is 'fire and forget'.

Seems to be too many tickets now on conquest - matches go on too long.

Advertisement