Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Client R8 and server R12

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

I've heard that renaming the BFBC2 folder contained in the documents/my douments folder solves performance issues due to the new patch.

After renaming the folder, the game will create a new BFBC2 folder the next time you launch it

I didnt have any issues but did it anyway (you can just rename it back if it goes wrong). Before you do it, please realise that you will have to change all your settings back (inluding manually editing the settings.ini file to turn off bloom if you dont like bloom) and you will lose your list of favourite servers. Also, you better know what your password is as it will ask you to type your email adress and password again. So dont do it unless you are confident that you can make the required changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I haven't played much in the past while, did a lot of guns get a damage boost or something? I feel like I'm killing and being killed far far more easily than a while ago. Shotguns at range and assault rifles across the map etc. the game feels very different to a month ago to me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

DapperGent wrote: »
    I haven't played much in the past while, did a lot of guns get a damage boost or something? I feel like I'm killing and being killed far far more easily than a while ago. Shotguns at range and assault rifles across the map etc. the game feels very different to a month ago to me.

They fixed the hit reg a lot and improved the server code a bit.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ever since the patch the game is locking up constantly for me.
    It does not CTD or BSOD it just freezes up the game, not a problem before the patch plus all other games are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Terrible the **** that happens with patches....absolute criminal in fact. After playing the game since the patch it looks (VSYNC) better but plays worse. And I am not on about performance wise either....hard to put my finger on it.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Agreed I think it's a bit of a mess at the moment a lot less fun. Every player seems utterly lethal making the camping much much worse that before. Attacking on objectives is utterly hilarious before with a bit of effort you'd be round and behind now you're dead as soon as you stick a nose out.

It's so retardo easy killing people that everyone is dead all the time unless they're up a tree or something. It's amazing how badly this game has fared since release, I still fail to connect to EA servers a lot of the time. Shameful stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

"Hit box for moving targets expands based on the speed of the targets movement".

Wonder if that change is screwing up the 'feel' for ye. It seems to suggest you're easier to hit the faster you move.

In saying that, I haven't noticed much difference in how she handles, since the patch.

[EDIT] - Strange, no mention of the hit box change on the 'official' patch notes .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

I think the game plays much better but it is easier to get shot when you are running for cover because of the hitbox tweak, its not a bad thing though.

Dapper, the fail to connect thing is more than likely a firewall issue, there are a range of ports that the game can use so sometimes it may work for you but other times the port you need is blocked...and as for getting killed straight away are you sure you werent playing on a hardcore server?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Fnz wrote: »

[EDIT] - Strange, no mention of the hit box change on the 'official' patch notes .

The official list from Kalms here, listed it

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/bc2-pc-service-update/1088496-client-r8-server-r12-qa.html

I'm certainly liking the hit reg now, and spent the weekend doing bad things with my Garand and knife.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

They've made an absolute arse of the game being perfectly honest, they never ever fecking learn!

• Advertisement

Its still better then that ARSE Call Of Duty.....:D

So when going for cover....do the green cross code. Stop....Look..and WALK slowly and you never get hit.....RUN and you FOOKED!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    So when going for cover....do the green cross code. Stop....Look..and WALK slowly and you never get hit.....RUN and you FOOKED!

Seems strange, alright, depends how much the hit box expands in relation to your movement speed.

You're right, though... the last thing your attacker would be expecting you to do is to walk calmly towards cover. It will throw them right off!

I was playing last night and got killed with one shot from a sniper rifle far too many times while full sprint while jumping and hopping and zig zagging in a mad pattern to throw them off.....:mad:

I was playing last night and got killed with one shot from a sniper rifle far too many times while full sprint while jumping and hopping and zig zagging in a mad pattern to throw them off.....:mad:

Atleast you can play the thing :(
    Then again im enjoying some TF2 at the moment.
    What a class game it is, i forgot how much fun it can be.

Back on topic, anyone else having issues with BC2 just freezing your pc since the patch?

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Would love to play some TF2 but with some teamplay. Any time I've played its been mayhem.

Yeah its a bit hit and miss but then again most games can be.
    I find the UKCS and PC Gamer TF2 servers to be decent for teamplay but they can be very hard to get on to.
    Theres the usual clan servers that can offer great teamplay too.
    Its a cracking game when played correctly,some of the maps valve are churning out are nothing short of spectacular with obvious thought gone into design to benefit gameplay.
    Im loving the drop system they have now for new weapons etc.
    I say we get a gang on TiG ts and raid some servers :) whos up for it :)

This thread has some recommended servers.
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055931993

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

I would be up for that.
    BFBC2 would be great IF they had thought as hard about making the classes, and maps as balanced! BFBC2 = defender = death

I would play a game of TF2 but have not played it in months......so I sit there and engi all night....lmao

I would play a game of TF2 but have not played it in months......so I sit there and engi all night....lmao

Nothing wrong with that,its a lot of fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Ah an oul game of tf2 would be good craic. never played it much, and havent had it installed in ages! but sure id give it a go :)

• Advertisement

Dont mean I whore in the corner with an ENGI, its just such a great class to play....until them fook spys come along!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I haven't had a single bad game (KD ratio of less than 1.0) since the patch. I only found out about the hit reg now.
    Im happy out :)

If I had a K : D of 1 all the time I would be fuggin my PC through the WINDOW!!!!

My UPC super de duper broadband is ****ed AGAIN so no FPS for me!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

anyone notice that the scope sights on the GOL sniper have been changed?

the x-axis line is broken so it doesnt meet with the vertical line.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

This is funny...I just bought TF2 today :D

An another topic, I played on a public BC2 server last night where each team was limited to 3 recon and 3 M60s.
    It really seemed to change the dynamic of the game with more up-close fighting and it forced me to try other classes and other weapons. Excellent stuff !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »
    anyone notice that the scope sights on the GOL sniper have been changed?

the x-axis line is broken so it doesnt meet with the vertical line.

Yes, it proper pisses me off too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

weird, i was talkin to someone, and they mentioned that only some people have it,
    havent bothered looking it up to see if it was true,
    but just to let ya know.

not bothering me so much, as ive already got plat on the GOL,
    and i seem to still be able to aim grand with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

yeah...I don't have it either...GOL is perfect on in my game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Was using the GOL a bit last night and it seemed fine to me, rediculously accurate as usual, even more so than usual on moving targets.

• Advertisement
Advertisement