Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UK Elections - Exit polls / First impressions / Constituency Results

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TommyT

ynotdu wrote: »
    I dont doubt what You say TommyT,ut do You know why? Personal or political?

Political. Been reading about it on a motoring forum, though the politics section is very busy tonight.
    Brown is hated by middle England.

Camelot wrote: »
    Looks like Sir Reg has 'possibly' lost out to William McCrae in South Antrim.

Still awaiting confirmation 01:55am.

Its still unconfirmed, but there is over 1000 votes in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

Interesting comments on the BBC about the repercussions of a hypothetical Conservative government having only one MP in Scotland(as they only do know), and how it may add fuel to the Scottish nationalist movement.

At best Belfast will now only have 1 Unionist MP. Though there is a slight possibility that Gerry Kelly may win in North Belfast. Who would have thought that a decade ago?
    Kelly is the only Sinn Feiner that I would have any time for, so I wouldnt be too disappointed if he won.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Listening to Margaret Hodge - saying Cameron has blown it. Don't be so sure Margaret :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Conservative gain Loughborough from Labour.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

The swings are absolutly crazy tonight!!

LAB holds Tooting..... unreal!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Amazing result for Alliance. There's hope yet.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

TommyT wrote: »
    Political. Been reading about it on a motoring forum, though the politics section is very busy tonight.
    Brown is hated by middle England.

My own personal humble opinion is that some 'Little Englanders' would prefer not to have a Scotsman as their PM if He was Jesus Christ.{besides all the other reasons Labour were bound to be badly bruised}

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

At best Belfast will now only have 1 Unionist MP. Though there is a slight possibility that Gerry Kelly may win in North Belfast. Who would have thought that a decade ago?
    Kelly is the only Sinn Feiner that I would have any time for, so I wouldnt be too disappointed if he won.

Can't see how Kelly has a chance tbh.

• Advertisement

Brown hated by middle England

Don't think he was ever liked there - cities he's ok .... country, conservative heartland!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭loldog

Gerald Scarfe - a legend.

Newbury - Tory target seat, but held by a Lib Dem

DJCR wrote: »
    Don't think he was ever liked there - cities he's ok .... country, conservative heartland!!

When Labour win, they win in the cities, they don't even try in the shires.

Labour are really scrapping for their seats !!!

Narrow victories starting to crop up all over the place.

amacachi wrote: »
    Can't see how Kelly has a chance tbh.

I couldnt see a Naomi Long victory 2 hrs ago. Anything is possible, though Dodds has been one of the better Unionists and hasnt been affected by any sleaze in the run up to the election.
    A Sinn Fein victory is North Belfast is only an outside bet, but it may not be beyond them in the coming years.

I couldnt see a Naomi Long victory 2 hrs ago. Anything is possible, though Dodds has been one of the better Unionists and hasnt been affected by any sleaze in the run up to the election.
    A Sinn Fein victory is North Belfast is only an outside bet, but it may not be beyond them in the coming years.

Well I'm just looking at the last few votes, fair enough it was hard to see so many voters swinging to the Alliance, but is there really any chance of Unionist voters swinging to Sinn Féin?

Labour holding a fair few of the the Tories top targets.

Labour are really scrapping for their seats !!!

Narrow victories starting to crop up all over the place.

Their electoral machine is as good as FF, here in London they were much more visible on the streets than any of the other parties.

SDLP looking like a safe bet in my home constituency of South Down. Tactical voting by Unionists helping Margaret Ritchie.

I`d vote for Natasha Sayee ;-)

loldog wrote: »
    When Labour win, they win in the cities, they don't even try in the shires.

Yeah, Brown is a bit lumbersome.... he may find it hard not to stamp on the little people and their head Hobbit - I mean really, who wants a cottage with one rich hobbit when you can have an empire!!!!

:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Crowd in Glasgow East are ****ing class. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Happy Monday

ynotdu wrote: »
    My own personal humble opinion is that some 'Little Englanders' would prefer not to have a Scotsman as their PM if He was Jesus Christ.{besides all the other reasons Labour were bound to be badly bruised}

Although Tony Blair was born in Scotland....
    I don't know if Brown is hated by Middle England but he certainly failed to connect with or convince Middle England. But remember Labour is struggling in their heartlands in the North of England as well which tend to less middle class and more working class. Brown's problems have more to do with the financial crisis, job losses, recession. If things were fine economically his Scottishness would not be an issue.

Their electoral machine is as good as FF, here in London they were much more visible on the streets than any of the other parties.

Lol loldog comparing them with the FF machine is high praise indeed!:D

amacachi wrote: »
    Well I'm just looking at the last few votes, fair enough it was hard to see so many voters swinging to the Alliance, but is there really any chance of Unionist voters swinging to Sinn Féin?

Voter apathy among the DUP supporters? Its a long shot, a very long shot, but who would have thought that Belfast would only have one unionist MP when it once had 3 and Gerry Fitt.

Ulster Unionists concede Antrim South. They have been wiped out in the last 2 elections.

Funny you should say that - I'd say this election will be a good forcaster as to what will happen here when we get the chance to vote.

I mean the similarities are pretty freaky,

Same Issues:

Banking Crisis, Employment etc.

Same Party "vote share" in the polls - FF even gone into third behind Labour :eek::eek::eek:

Not to mention the really ugly old dudes in office and the opposition retards that no one would trust either - watch the Labour vote fall away while we go back to voting as mammy and daddy did!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Does Cameron know about all these NI results?

And what seems to be a SNP clean up on Scotland - they hacent taken one of their target seats yet!

Swing to the Tories now looking like 3%, hung parliament now looking likely. So much for my earlier predicttion.

• Advertisement

Does He know where N Ireland is:confused::)

Swing to the Tories now looking like 3%, hung parliament now looking likely. So much for my earlier predicttion.

Don't think we have hit many marginals yet, or Tory heartland!!

Lab hold Dumfries and Galloway - no Tory seats North of the border probably now!

Shannon wins Strangford.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭not bakunin

Latest:

Lab - 37
    Tory - 20
    LD - 4
    Others - 15

Labour have finally broken even, Tories up 3%, LDs down 1

High turnout must have favoured Labour. So much for Cleggmania too, another media invention.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Tory majority available at 3/1 on Betfair now. If you're gonna get on, get on now.

How do you mean?

Aberconwy Tory gain

How do you mean?

The UUP are getting a beating up there!

Tory majority available at 3/1 on Betfair now. If you're gonna get on, get on now.

I really hope it doesn't happen - and I'm starting to lean to the perception that it probably won't happen !!:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

And what seems to be a SNP clean up on Scotland - they hacent taken one of their target seats yet!
    In Scotland they're not going to. Labour will still be massively the biggest party in Scotland after the election, followed by the SNP and LDs. The conservatives will do well to hold on to their single Scottish seat.

Labour hold Bolton NE (only a 1.3% swing to Conservative, nowhere near enough but about 4000 votes). If they manage to hold Bolton W as well, the conservatives will be kicking furniture with venom.

Meanwhile Lembit Opik is out in Montgomeryshire, conservative gain there. You should have heard of him when he ran for LD party president but in case that means nothing to you, he's the one who was going out with one or other of the Cheeky Girls and is afraid of falling asteroids.

Again... no useful pattern:)

Tory Gains targets:

Basildon South
    Glamorgan

both from Labour!!

Just after my last post.... typical !!!

CON gain in Montgomeryshire (don't ask me where that is!)

SDLP hold Foyle. Just. Surely McGuinness could win that seat?

I have hung parliament at 11/8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Lembit Opik gone....never liked him! Tory Gain!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Lib Dems really are doing miserably.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Happy Monday

Funny you should say that - I'd say this election will be a good forcaster as to what will happen here when we get the chance to vote.

I mean the similarities are pretty freaky,

Same Issues:

Banking Crisis, Employment etc.

Same Party "vote share" in the polls - FF even gone into third behind Labour :eek::eek::eek:

Not to mention the really ugly old dudes in office and the opposition retards that no one would trust either - watch the Labour vote fall away while we go back to voting as mammy and daddy did!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Remember though that the first past the post system undermines the Liberal Democrats party - 25% vote could result in 10% of the seats.

That kind of vote here would see Labour on 40 or more seats and in a powerful position to partake in government.

McCrae result official now.

Tamworth Tory gain

• Advertisement
Advertisement