Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mid 80's car

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Weren't those shape Carinas sold as Carina IIs, were there not 2 generations of Carina II or is my memory going in my old age:)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Weren't those shape Carinas sold as Carina IIs, were there not 2 generations of Carina II or is my memory going in my old age:)?

Ya your spot on they were a nice car as well the first carina looked bigger and boxier.is?6kwL3aKjcwAJhqmO3Log33xbEju8FtaCcIw4i0ZrHlo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭dunsandin

Anan1 wrote: »
    If it were me i'd be looking for a Lancia Thema turbo.
    And there was a cracking one on donedeal for €1500 a few weeks back, I was sorely tempted, but 'er indoors slapped me back in my box with the"whattd the tax be on that then" question. Savage car. I bought an 89 carina 11 a few months back, just for the craic, and drove it for a few weeks. I collected the daughter and her fianceeerer from the airport in it, and they were disgusted! He commented somthing along the lines of me being "the last white lad in ireland driving one of those!!" I sold it to a mate. It looked a bit crap, but by god it was a flyer, and I got a great buzz passing out the 3 series's on the N7, stuffed by a sh1tbox!!!!
    On the driving a ferrari every day bit, I had a dino in 89, and you aint gonna drive a ferrari every day, cos you will be fixing it most days, and hoping it dont coke up in traffic the rest - made to be driven hard, and seldom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭alias no.9

I can't believe this thread has gone 4 pages without mention of one of the most ubiquitous cars of the era, the Opel Ascona
    opel-ascona-c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭mondeo

alias no.9 wrote: »
    I can't believe this thread has gone 4 pages without mention of one of the most ubiquitous cars of the era, the Opel Ascona
    opel-ascona-c.jpg

Jeez it's been years since I saw one of those. Lad I went to primary schools mother had one of them.

As for the 87' carina I went to view today, could not get it started, distributor was not sparking. Plus underneath her looked abit rusty to me. Exhaust was rotten as a peach and interior stank like cat p!ss. No thanks would not take it for free! What a joke...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Really if you dont want to look like you are driving around in a piece of crap, you need to be getting something in perfect condition & preferably early 80s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭mondeo

mickdw wrote: »
    Really if you dont want to look like you are driving around in a piece of crap, you need to be getting something in perfect condition & preferably early 80s.

I know lad, about 1,200 to spend on something. I will get something decent for that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭pajo1981

'87 405?

Peugeot_405_front.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

What about this?? http://www.motorbase.com/classifieds/viewad.ehtml?a=1336873445; Looks like a bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

what about opel kadett? that was a scream of those times. Renault 21 was another one of those times that I think nobody mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Saw a mint Bluebird yesterday on the M4. Love those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭kmb

Hi,
    The cousin has a carina 11 1987 which he uses for his daily car and i know he is thinking of getting rid of it in july/august.
    Engine is fairly healthy id say as he is a farmer and uses it to tow his horsebox etc.
    I am not sure of condition as i only see him every few months but i know he had 1 or 2 donor cars which he used to use for parts etc.
    I am not sure of value maybe its worth nothing i dont know.
    Car is located about 10 miles from Fermoy.

Let me know if it something that would interest you.

Regards,

Kieran

Advertisement