Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduction to Programming II Exam

Options
  • 06-05-2010 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭

Is this based mostly on the April lecture notes or the Memory Storage Notes? Or both? Or has it been entirely unspecified.... :confused:
    P.S. I mean for Arts students. The Science exam was earlier in the week.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭meathawk

From what I can gather is that, it's 25 mcq on all the lecture notes, memory storage and innovation notes and a bit of programming. Nothing too stressful, but knowing Damien Dalton it's gonna be rock hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Jack Bracken

meathawk wrote: »
    Nothing too stressful, but knowing Damien Dalton it's gonna be rock hard.

And it'll have negative marking. I really don't know why he uses negative marking and then tells you to "Attempt all questions." ¬_¬

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

You're a bit wrong on you're module just being for arts students.....the CS programming was on earlier in the week, science omnibus do the pile of shíte that is Comp10020 too.......

I had Computer Architecture yesterday morning though, and it wasn't THAT bad..... so maybe this exam wont be awful either?..... >_<

I think you've misunderstood. Well basically ours is COMP10020, which is for arts and science omnibus students and radiography students too and actuary students. Hence the huge numbers. Dalton teaches both comp architecture and this module and his exams are generally really similar. The comp architecture mcq comprised of 50 questions while ours is 25 with some programming thrown in and a flow chart apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

He told me it was 40 questions.

You guys reckon it'll be on the later notes moreso than the earlier ones?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

The comp architecture mcq comprised of 50 questions while ours is 25 with some programming thrown in and a flow chart apparently.

Why does this make me feel uneasy? :pac:

misslt wrote: »
    He told me it was 40 questions.

You guys reckon it'll be on the later notes moreso than the earlier ones?

I imagine that a lot would have to be focused on the earlier stuff. There isn't a lot of meat to the basic market principles behind software development (err.. opportunity cost of not taking on new tech vs exposure). Hope that the programming sections are based on conceptual approaches rather than actual programming :D

I wonder if we should be focusing on memory storage and those poxy innovation notes. Hmmm

I gave up. I'm just going to wing it.

Thats the keyboard, and that's facebook, and thats boards. Voila. A+ in Computers.

misslt wrote: »
    I gave up. I'm just going to wing it.

Thats the keyboard, and that's facebook, and thats boards. Voila. A+ in Computers.

It's only an hour long. They can't ask all that much.

• Advertisement

I am about to give up, in a few minutes.

I am about to give up, in a few minutes.

Whatever happened to RAID 2? :rolleyes:

I just hope that it goes along the same lines as the mid-term

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Hope I'm not the only one still up.

And still not cramming.

Still up..... >_<

Fad wrote: »
    Still up..... >_<
    Sure it's great craic.

Davidius wrote: »
    Sure it's great craic.

Yet to attempt any revision either.....

That was an absolute disaster.

I thought it was quite nice :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

that was a shíte paper!!,It was about half of the mid term reprinted word for word.Even the two logic table questions, if you don't know one of them the other is so similar you'll get it wrong as well.

not really complaining the repitition helped me if anything,I still failed it so hard it'll have whiplash,but a very poorly put together paper

Fad wrote: »
    I thought it was quite nice :confused:

I'm guessing you understood it so...Some of the MCQ's could have been two answers, that was hard.

I realllly failed. Please God the project will lift me out of a hole.

• Advertisement

Didn't think it was too bad. Were the last two questions worth 50% of the mark?

Anyhow I just wrote some pseudo-code and hoped for the best. I blame the language, it's the language's fault. No, not me, never.

Nothing of the recent stuff. Should have looked at the answers to the mid-term more closely. The MCQ was... okay (maybe 70% right which might be 50% when negative marking taken into effect).

Still can't remember how to translate hex into decimal.

My flowchart was pretty crap and I just explained how I would go about coding the last program, without actually writing code.

Pretty lousy overall I suppose.

Advertisement