Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Android user's on the 3 network.

• 06-05-2010 10:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 599 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone I'm doing a review on Android handsets and how they are taking to the 3 network.

As Iv spotted there are quite a few people here with Android handset's can I ask you all can you access the "Service's" option on Planet 3?

To break down what I have regarding this issue is that that when you go to the Planet 3 home the your actually redirected to a page (not too unlikeif not the same as the one when you are outside of 3G coverage) and you don't have access to the service's.
    If you go to the My3 option, (or click the check my usage) option you can then see it but when you click it you dont get to the correct page.

So making it impossable to download the likes of skype, MSN etc.

Thanks in advance for your help.

D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I have Planet 3 bookmarked on my Nexus. It accesses it the same as my other non-android phones. Only difference is it has to be accessed via 3G,it won't work via WIFI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Can you try get to a point where you can download skype?
    If you dont mind.

I'll have a go now.:)

Thanks a Mill

"Sorry but Skype is not available on your handset. We're introducing Skype onto a range of handsets as quickly as we can,so check back here soon."

MSN Messenger is the same.

• Advertisement

Humm...
    From what I am seeing is that now Different android device's can and cant access it.

Thanks Lord.

Anyone else care to try??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Beno

I tried it with the HTC desire but I don't have the rights to connect to my three since I'm a business customer.

So no skype for me either...

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Loggie

lord lucan wrote: »
    "Sorry but Skype is not available on your handset. We're introducing Skype onto a range of handsets as quickly as we can,so check back here soon."
    Got the same on a rooted nexus one.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Fringe works as a Skype client which can be downloaded in Android marketplace if that's any help. Works on WiFi too

• Advertisement

Thanks but the benifit is that there is no charge for sing skype as a 3 customer

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I presume it's because they don't have android apps for Skype , MSN etc ? The ads for the Spica don't mention Skype as a feature.

Yes iv spotted that. It was more seeing whats not available from planet 3 for android

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Calebmcd

lord lucan wrote: »

MSN Messenger is the same.

MSN Droid is messenger. Search for it.

Skype for Android only works on Verizon's network(US)

Advertisement