Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate Universe is going to last?

Options
  • 06-05-2010 11:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Is Stargate Universe is going to last?I dont knwo thw show is getting to boring...........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭GisforGrenade

The second part of the series is much stronger and it is nice to see that things can go seriously wrong and they can't just pull a magical fix out of thin air and have everything wrapped up with a big bow by the end of the episode. But I think the series needs a kick ass finale to insure its survival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 PokerManAA

yes indeed, now they don´t solve the problems in 5 minutes, it´s more realistic.........but it seems that something is missing in the show.........And after the end of Battlestar Galactica , the only thing SyFy has left is Caprica and Stargate Universe they have to make it last............and Stargate Atlantis they promissed and ending movie that is never goint to happen!:cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Hopefully SGU will get renewed but the word is the ratings for the show are abysmal, so it could get a partial season next year followed by a few feature lengths to complete the story arc.
    The show is trying for BSG territory but simply not as strong in characters or story, aside from the two lead men the rest are generic Stargate fodder.
    The special effects are nice but nothing we didn't see done better 4 years ago in BSG.

Acctualy I hope they can get a 2nd season........but let´s see wath happens....ans Stargate Atlantis when is the ending movie coming?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

The 2nd session is currently been filmed, it's it's going to late at least 3 sessions.

Edit:
    KyI7W.jpg

• Advertisement

How do you know that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

It seems there could be a lot of new story threads to work with, the chair, the stones, new aliens and untold amounts of technology in broken down parts of the ship which could be the source of many stories. Shaping up to be a good series all in all i think, it's different to previous stargates and i agree that it needs a kickass season 1 finale to keep the viewers hooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭GisforGrenade

I really lost a lot of respect for the writers after episode 16, when Eli, Scott and Chloe just sauntered through the gate completely destroying any chance of some decent drama and perhaps character development because Chloe desperately needs it. They just waited a few episodes and then tied things up with a nice big bow, also why didn't Chloe just have an unfortunate accident and we would be rid of her, I just don't see the point of Chloe. I really want Universe to do well, but every time it steps forward it takes two steps back. Also the whole Camille drama was terrible, they had a great chance for character development and they just did nothing with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭AARRRRGH

This program, like Caprica, needs to be put out of its misery.

Last episode was fine....maybe this Show deserves a second chance......

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have a feeling this one will get a 13 episode order for the 2nd season, they'll repeat the 1st season on SciFi and if the ratings don't get a whole lot better in the autumn maybe a film or two to tie up the story during 2011 and then TV death....

Well, if it can happen to genius like Firefly it can happen to anyone.

Advertisement