Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Installing Look Keo Pedals

• 06-05-2010 11:34pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭

How do you do this? There doesn't appear to be a way to do it with a wrench. As I am a man, I thre away the instructions as I really didn't think I'd need them, it's only a pair of pedals :rolleyes: and the LOOK site tells me to get a 15mm wrench and tighten it, but how?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Muckers

Hey Captain look pedals are tightened with an allen key and not a wrench. I fitted two pairs to my bikes recently and had it done in a couple of minutes. I cant remember what size allen key is needed but
    its a standard size one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Muckers

Forgot to say that the allen key fits inside the threaded portion of the pedal which you should hand tighten first

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Muckers wrote: »
    Hey Captain look pedals are tightened with an allen key and not a wrench. I fitted two pairs to my bikes recently and had it done in a couple of minutes. I cant remember what size allen key is needed but
    its a standard size one.

Ah ha, I see what's going on here, 8mm from the inside, it's very hard to see there. Cheers Muckers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Most pedals these days use an 8mm allen key on the inside. A few I have use 6mm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭TheDocMan

Hey Captain don`t forget to put some grease on the pedal threads before installing. Don`t want em stuck on for ever. Cheers (Thomastown)

• Advertisement

TheDocMan wrote: »
    Hey Captain don`t forget to put some grease on the pedal threads before installing. Don`t want em stuck on for ever. Cheers (Thomastown)
    +1,000,000. I've made this mistake before myself.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

That took all of about 2 seconds, thanks. Had to come in early there from doing up the bike as I thought I heard a mobile phone at the end of garden which frightened the bejaysus out of me, so I'll finish it in the morning (bikes are locked up). There's already lubrication on the thread of the pedal, does it need to be done again? Just moved the cassette and tyres onto the new wheels there hopefully it'll all be grand. Just need to wash the bike now. @TheDocMan, I was only passing through Thomastown there today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭dave2pvd

Careful with grease. Use the wrong type and you can end up overtightening. Copper paste (known here as anti-seize) is the way to go. Finish Line sells it to bike shops. Actually, it ought to be available at any motor factors.

There's already lubrication on the thread of the pedal, does it need to be done again?
    Possibly not depending on what is there but I probably would just in case. I've always used white lithium grease (as does my local bike shop) and it has never let me down. I'd use copper paste on titanium.

Advertisement