Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postal order or bank giro

Options
  • 06-05-2010 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭

Just wondering which is cheapest way to send money to someone- I don't have their bank a/c and I don't have cheque book!

Can I send a bank giro without their bank details? Or do I need to go with postal order?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

If you can get their sort code an account number, a transfer is easiest.

If it's for a small amount, a postal money order might work, or for a larger amount a bank draft (which is essentially like a cheque).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

With a bank draft I don't need their bank details do I?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

No, you don't. It's just like a cheque, except it's provided by the bank and not your own cheque book. You provide it to the other party, and they lodge it into their account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

pog it wrote: »
    With a bank draft I don't need their bank details do I?
    pog it wrote: »
    If you have to ask that question, then you have a lot to learn.

Take the advice these people have given you.

Why don't you take some of your own advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Why don't you take some of your own advice?

Eh... what's your problem? Are you following me around? Grow up.

By the way, you may have noticed that I did take advice I was given, and guess what, I THANKED them too.

Now how about you go back to your thread on Investments and THANK the other posters who have given you help and advice, instead of following me around, just cause I said you had been given sound advice and to take it.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

pog it, if you see a troublesome post, please do not respond on thread, use the report post function.

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement