Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passport Photo Size 4X3cm???

• 06-05-2010 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hey Guys,

Random question - Does anyone know what size passport photos in Ireland are?

I need to get a passport photos done in Limerick and they have specifically asked that the passport photos be 4x3cm....?

If this is non-standard size does anyone know anywhere in the city where I could get this done?

Random I know...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Chemist accross road from debenhams, bt. Beside closed down budget.
    They do all sizes, just tell them before.
    7€ or 8€ though, ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 IrishGooner83

Sound for tha quick reply..!

Tis steep enough alright, but gotta be done I guess, Will check 'em out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Most Dunnes Stores or shopping centres have a photo booth that takes passport size photos. I got mine taken there last time for my passport and had no problems considering how anal the Passport office is regarding photos. I think it cost €6 for 4 photos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

This is the standard size from any passport photo machine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Hooked

Not only is there a standard size, your face has to fit within a certain "frame" from top of hairline to chin. No smiling, neutral look, no glasses etc...

From DFA weebsite

Details the required standard of photo quality for insertion in the Irish Passport.

Two identical photographs of the passport holder must be supplied with each application. One of these photographs should be signed on the back by the person who witnesses the application. This person should also enter the Form Number (which appears under the signature of witness strip) on the back of both photographs.

Standards for acceptable photographs:

* Photographs should be not more than 6 months old.
    * They may be in colour or black and white [b/w preferred].
    * Minimum photos size 35mm x 45mm, maximum size 38mm x 50mm
    * The photograph should show a full front view of the subject’s head, as he or she would normally appear.
    * The image must be sharp and clear, and taken against a plain white or light grey background
    * Sunglasses are not acceptable. Tinted glasses may be worn provided they do not obscure the person's eyes.
    * Photographs should not show military or police uniforms.
    * Only head coverings worn for religious reasons are permitted. Hair bands are not allowed.

There's a form that accompanies the passport application that covers this. It even has a template that you slide your photo under...

Madness! Imagine SLOTH from the goonies applying for one. Poor fecker!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Hooked

Actually the pdf showing all of this is on the same page...

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD:

http://www.dfa.ie/uploads/documents/photograph%20guidelines.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 37 TimeonmyHands

The Passport Office is painstakingly particular in relation to passport photos being applicable to standard. I had mine returned to me twice in the past as they did not meet the criteria specified.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭SoCo2009

The Passport Office is painstakingly particular in relation to passport photos being applicable to standard. I had mine returned to me twice in the past as they did not meet the criteria specified.

Maybe you should have read the criteria better so ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 TimeonmyHands

I did...after the first set were returned :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

download photo yourself to www.epassportphoto.com you can set the photo size you require, move the frame until it exactly fits as per the passport office. I've used it loads of times for irish and australian passports and never had one returned to me. You can even print them off yourself for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Go to O'Connors Cameras on William St. Next to Boots, they should do it for about a fiver, and they are done within the regulations by professional photographers!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Mar4ix wrote: »

Why post that nearly 2 and a half years after the last post in this thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

Why post that nearly 2 and a half years after the last post in this thread?

sorry , didnt looked on date, was after some software make pictures for passport , after googling, found this thread., software , which thesimpsons advised, isn't for free, but i found one free web application,
    so , why pay somebody 8 -10 euro, if you may make your own, and printout at chemist for 1 euro .
    sorry for picking up old thread, might somebody will find it through googling, and will handy to use.

Ta

Advertisement