Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vertical Slide sash PVC windows

Options
  • 06-05-2010 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

We've paid a deposit on Pvc Slide sash windows. I was wondering if anyone could give me any advise as to what to look out for in these windows, any problems anyone had with them?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

We've paid a deposit on Pvc Slide sash windows. I was wondering if anyone could give me any advise as to what to look out for in these windows, any problems anyone had with them?

If you,ve already paid a deposit, I assume you,ve done your research on the windows first. Any way good luck with your choice.

I think most pvc windows are more or less bog standard now. Sliding sash pvc are more or less straight forward box sash with additional pvc horns added. Standard glazing gaskets, both bubble gaskets , and solid glazing gaskets as well as the woolpile draught excluders, are well tried and tested by now, so they should not present any problems for you.

I,d check to see what the guarantee covers, and for how long. Some guarantees are for 10 years, but the fitings only for 12 months, so check that one. There are so many differing sash systems, swif, bonavara, pulleys ect, its hard to seperate them, so the guarantee on these items is worth looking into.

Whats the spec of the ones you are getting.

kadman

Advertisement