Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Parking key fob

Options
  • 06-05-2010 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

I rent an apartment with a car parking space, the space is big enough for 2 small cars so my housemate shares it with me. Problem is we only have the one fob. Is there any way to get the fob copied or anyone know who does it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

In my complex, additional fobs are ordered through the management company. The are expensive though at 60

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Doubt very much the lease for the apartment allows for more than one car in a space...nor would the planning permission for the development. If you contact the Management Agent about an extra fob they'll probably tell you as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

athtrasna wrote: »
    Doubt very much the lease for the apartment allows for more than one car in a space...nor would the planning permission for the development. If you contact the Management Agent about an extra fob they'll probably tell you as such.

not sure you have to tell them you have two cars - it would be just as normal for two people sharing a car to want seperate key fobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

You should be able to buy an extra fob through your landlord from the management agent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Xiney wrote: »
    not sure you have to tell them you have two cars - it would be just as normal for two people sharing a car to want seperate key fobs.

I would think there's an insurance issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

athtrasna wrote: »
    I would think there's an insurance issue?

Ok, I'll bite ... out of curiosity ... what sort of insurance issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

You can buy fobs online. There should be a manufacturers name written on it somewhere. Then it's just a matter of matching the internal pins to the one you already have..
    Unless it's a chipped fob, in which case ignore the above..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Out complex will only issue key fobs to owners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

You can buy fobs online. There should be a manufacturers name written on it somewhere. Then it's just a matter of matching the internal pins to the one you already have..
    Unless it's a chipped fob, in which case ignore the above..

OP, as IrishKev has said, if it has little swiches in it, it's just a matter of buying a similar model from that website. I did this a few weeks ago. Got exactly the same model for about 35 euro including postage. Arrived in a few days.

If you're not sure, tell us the make and model or post a photo of it and we can check it out. I think that website actually allows you to browse by pictures too so can see something that looks close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Eglinton wrote: »
    OP, as IrishKev has said, if it has little swiches in it, it's just a matter of buying a similar model from that website. I did this a few weeks ago. Got exactly the same model for about 35 euro including postage. Arrived in a few days.

If you're not sure, tell us the make and model or post a photo of it and we can check it out. I think that website actually allows you to browse by pictures too so can see something that looks close.

Cheers. I found my one on that site. It has the dipswitches on it so should be able to set it the same. nice one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement