Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i need a secondhand surfboard please

Options
  • 06-05-2010 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

thanks if anyone has one or knows where i can get one
    coz i'm newbie so i don't really have a clue where to look for
    was thinking about nsp 7'3-7'6 but i'm not sure
    all i know i need it to be cheap , and in good condition , coz when i start to use it i might not least too long...

thanks,
    j

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭OldGuysRule

Have you had a lesson yet, why not go into a shop and talk to someone about what might be right for you and your size.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

jo anna wrote: »
    all i know i need it to be cheap , and in good condition , coz when i start to use it i might not least too long...

thanks,
    j

Get a 7'6 or 7'9 NSP, BIC.... there all depends on your age, size, how fit you are and what you want to do.

http://www.adverts.ie/showcat.php?cat=222
    www.gumtree.ie
    www.donedeal.ie are all good places to look there was a girl selling a begiers board here last week.
    There's a bic for 220 on adverts that would be a good buy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 jo anna

Have you had a lesson yet, why not go into a shop and talk to someone about what might be right for you and your size.

To be honest I was hoping that if someone will read my post, it will remind him/her that they have old surf board that they want to get rid of.
    I will of course go to the shops and to some research...but I read few topics here and think that most of you boys knows the subject well...and I value your opinions...anyway most of them..

My friend gave lend me his board twice...and gave me some directions what to do...not a reall lesson but good thing to begin with

I'm checking on line shops and pages like adverts.ie, gumtree.ie....but some of the adverts there are quite old..and most of people I have contacted they have already sold their boards...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

thanks,
    j

Hey jo anna,
    I've a surf board that i haven't used in a while and most likely won't be using again. have 2 kids now and a few extra pounds and inches around the belly.
    would be happy to sell it. i'm in the west though if thats any good to u?

Get a 7'6 or 7'9 NSP, BIC.... there all depends on your age, size, how fit you are and what you want to do.

http://www.adverts.ie/showcat.php?cat=222
    www.gumtree.ie
    www.donedeal.ie are all good places to look there was a girl selling a begiers board here last week.
    There's a bic for 220 on adverts that would be a good buy

Thanks for the links! Much appreciated.

I'm 27, fit enough although could be better. 10.5 stone and 5'9...
    Want to surf :rolleyes: I want to learn it fast and get as much fun as I can while doing this.

• Advertisement

amiable wrote: »
    Hey jo anna,
    I've a surf board that i haven't used in a while and most likely won't be using again. have 2 kids now and a few extra pounds and inches around the belly.
    would be happy to sell it. i'm in the west though if thats any good to u?

what board is it? any pic available? :)
    west is good too...
    (i'm in cork btw)

what board is it? any pic available? :)
    west is good too...
    (i'm in cork btw)

Its a bic 7' 3.... its in the attic so i could take a pic no bother but im up in galway. probably not worth your while.... you might be better getting something local

Its a bic 7' 3.... its in the attic so i could take a pic no bother but im up in galway. probably not worth your while.... you might be better getting something local

If you will have some free time you can post a pic here...galway is not so far away... :cool: if i like the board and the price i don't mind where is it from...;)

If you will have some free time you can post a pic here...galway is not so far away... :cool: if i like the board and the price i don't mind where is it from...;)

No worries, i'll do it this evening when i get home

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

If your only starting I'd say go as long as you can. Maybe 8 to 9 foot if your just beginning. I'd definately rent out a board or 2 first to get a feel for it so you'll have a better idea yourself. The wife got a 7'6 when she started and struggled for 3 months , got a 9 foot board after that and she was standing the same day and flying through the surf. It went from being a frustrating activity for her to being something she's really good at over night, because of a change in board size.Anything under 8 foot could be a big mistake, but that depends on your skill set. If you've surfed before on similar boards and could stand then go wigth a shorter board but if you are just starting fresh, go fora longer one.

Meatwad wrote: »
    If your only starting I'd say go as long as you can. Maybe 8 to 9 foot if your just beginning. I'd definately rent out a board or 2 first to get a feel for it so you'll have a better idea yourself. The wife got a 7'6 when she started and struggled for 3 months , got a 9 foot board after that and she was standing the same day and flying through the surf. It went from being a frustrating activity for her to being something she's really good at over night, because of a change in board size.Anything under 8 foot could be a big mistake, but that depends on your skill set. If you've surfed before on similar boards and could stand then go wigth a shorter board but if you are just starting fresh, go fora longer one.

Thanks! One question...
    If I go for a long one and after a while I will be good and decide to move on to a smaller size- Will this not be more difficult?
    If I start from 8-9, and then progress to 7 something...will I not be forced to kind of start learning process again??

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭OldGuysRule

No, but you will get into it quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

This. And this again.

If you still feel like getting a 7'3 then read it again.

kodute wrote: »
    This. And this again.

If you still feel like getting a 7'3 then read it again.

I read it again...and again....and now i'm looking for some nice longer board...more than 8 would be nice...
    So Boys, if you have board you want to sell PM's me...

Thanks for all folks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Like the lads said, if you go smaller after a while the transition is much quicker.To be honest , I personally don't see the need in Ireland to go down to a smaller board if you enjoy longboarding There's different pros and cons to long and short boards, I myself think the the majority of surf spots in ireland are more suited to longboards as they're generally easier to catch smaller waves on. I'd love to be able to handle a 7 footer or smaller but I'm just not fit enough, don't get big waves where I'm from and I'm too heavy lol.
    When you get into it you'll soon find that there's a tonne of different things to learn on the longboards betond standing and turning. I know a few of the lads on here are avid longboarders and I'm sure they'd be able to shed alot more light on the complexities and various techniques you can develop the longer you surf. But basically don't think that as soon as you learn to stand on a longboard thats it and its time to go for a shorter board. Enjoy it and get as much fun as you can out of what ever type of board you go for , thats the important thing.
    Hope you get sorted soon and when you do no doubt you'll be addicted and walking up and down your board as you carve through the water avoiding swimmers and stuff. Good luck and enjoy.

Like the lads said, if you go smaller after a while the transition is much quicker.To be honest , I personally don't see the need in Ireland to go down to a smaller board if you enjoy longboarding There's different pros and cons to long and short boards, I myself think the the majority of surf spots in ireland are more suited to longboards as they're generally easier to catch smaller waves on. I'd love to be able to handle a 7 footer or smaller but I'm just not fit enough, don't get big waves where I'm from and I'm too heavy lol.
    When you get into it you'll soon find that there's a tonne of different things to learn on the longboards betond standing and turning. I know a few of the lads on here are avid longboarders and I'm sure they'd be able to shed alot more light on the complexities and various techniques you can develop the longer you surf. But basically don't think that as soon as you learn to stand on a longboard thats it and its time to go for a shorter board. Enjoy it and get as much fun as you can out of what ever type of board you go for , thats the important thing.
    Hope you get sorted soon and when you do no doubt you'll be addicted and walking up and down your board as you carve through the water avoiding swimmers and stuff. Good luck and enjoy.

Thanks a mill for writing this...
    All I want to do now is to go out to Gtown and go surfing, instead of being stuck @ work :rolleyes:

Hope I will get a board soon, the weather outside s getting much better these days!

Anyone have a 8-9 for sale :)??

Thanks a mill for writing this...
    All I want to do now is to go out to Gtown and go surfing, instead of being stuck @ work :rolleyes:

Hope I will get a board soon, the weather outside s getting much better these days!

Anyone have a 8-9 for sale :)??

I won't bother getting the board down so????
    No problem
    Hope u get what u are looking for

I won't bother getting the board down so????
    No problem
    Hope u get what u are looking for

Thanks Amiable :) I hope as well to find it soon.
    ya, they kind of convinced me to get bigger one, sorry for hassle

No hassle at all.... sure i hadn't got it down yet

• Advertisement

No hassle at all.... sure i hadn't got it down yet

Good!
    Or maybe not good!
    Maybe you should bring it down form attic and start using it! :D

Good!
    Or maybe not good!
    Maybe you should bring it down form attic and start using it! :D

true..... very true but as i said earlier 2 kids and a mrs prevent me from getting out there.
    im getting on a bit too haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭SurferDude41

Hi There,
    I have a Bic Magmum 8'4" board for sale.
    It has plenty of volume, making it ideal for a beginner.
    Price€250 I am living in Cork, and can deliver if necessary.

Pm me if you are interested:)

Hi There,
    I have a Bic Magmum 8'4" board for sale.
    It has plenty of volume, making it ideal for a beginner.
    Price€250 I am living in Cork, and can deliver if necessary.

Pm me if you are interested:)

Hi,
    Thanks, I'm interested,but not now:rolleyes: Going for holidays tomorrow. I will contact you after 23 rd May when I'm back if that's ok with you.
    Thanks again and have a nice day!

Advertisement