Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End of Eircom is nigh?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Keeping people from starving to death is the State's responsibility. If I was running the show, all those superfluous jobs in eircom would be gone yes (if there are any, cause as I said, if there aren't then they'll get new jobs anyway), but there'd also be free healthcare and better unemployment benefit among many other changes, so take easy before you start call people names. But we digress...
    So wait a sec... Making people redundant and somehow providing free healthcare and better unemployment benefit? How is that supposed to work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

Xennon wrote: »
    Are they changing over from ATM to IP based network?

I thought that IP(layer 3 osi) ran over ATM(layer 2 osi) so they are independent of one another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

ATM was designed for ISDN/TDM services, you can run IP on top of nearly anything, Token Ring, AX.25 wireless, GPRS, Pigeons...

Advertisement