Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adrian and Jeremy (not their callers) of FM104 Phone Show

• 07-05-2010 1:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

Every night I usually make myself an auld cup of tea or somethin when I'm watchin the telly or on the internet. While I'm makin it I listen to the radio. Hate music on the radio so it's talk I want.

Now I used to listen to the phone show when I was in 3rd year etc in school, thinking it was great. But wow Adrian and Jeremy are annoying. I now find myself listening for 10 minutes or so a night just to see what crap they're spouting.

Usually it's the same old stuff, Jeremy pretends to be thick and not know what something means/is/does and Adrian makes fun of him for it. I can't really explain why but something about it just makes my skin crawl. Maybe it's the fact it's the same nonsense every night?

Anyone else think these two are two of the worst voices on air???

Note: I'm on extremely strong painkillers for a shoulder injury so hope this makes sense haha. But they just got my goat something fierce tonight.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Haven't listened to this show in ages. Is it the same five callers who ring in and is it the same five things they talk about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

My local Spar seems to always have this on whenever I pop over to pick up a few bits.

It's horrendous stuff... it's pretty much the sort of programme you'd get if you took the lamest trolls off boards.ie and gave them their own show.

yeah the term LCD comes to mind. It was mind numbing stuff when I used to listen to it. There was always one posh woman who used to ring in every night. Most of the callers I think just like the sound of their own voices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

I like them. I rarely listen (I'm a Today FM guy after 10)...

They're good at messing and talking about the serious shnizz!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

Its the second most retarded show on radio. Ray Foley is first.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

jeremy is awful had the displeasure of seeing what he looked like on city channel when the adrian kennedy phone show was on it before xmas dont mind the show so much with just adrian but cant stand jeremy and love the fact that it hasent changed since i was in 3rd year in school dont listen to it that often but when i do it takes me back to being 15 sitting up late at night with my sister shouting at the radio hahaha:D

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mega Buddy

edellc wrote: »
    jeremy is awful had the displeasure of seeing what he looked like on city channel when the adrian kennedy phone show was on it before xmas

I seem to be confused on this one... What have his looks got to do with it?? Are you trying to imply that if Jeremy was pin up material that it might make you listen to the show?? And I could only presume that for you to come out with utter tripe like that, that you are in fact a top class model yourself then who is obviously so shallow minded and only thinks about how people look??

You either like them or not. How they look has got nothing to do with it. It is radio after all!! :rolleyes:

Love them or hate them, their looks don't apply as it is radio and your comment makes no sense at all, so maybe you might cop yourself on and think before you post???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭sesna

I thought that show was great the first time I listened to it, but I got sick of it very quickly and haven't listened to it since. I was 12.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

so is that your user name on boards.ie jeremy???

i was implying that the radio show is vile and so is jeremy having tuned in on very rare occasions i have listened to this ignorant little man insult and condemn the listeners and participants of the show and mock their views he has passed numerous comments on who and what the participants are and do therefore making out that he is some thing special so with the magic of tv we where able to see and judge him just like he does each night he is given air time oh sorry i should say each night you are given air time.....
    the fact that you getting so defensive is too funny looser:D

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mega Buddy

i was implying that the radio show is vile and so is jeremy having tuned in on very rare occasions i have listened to this ignorant little man insult and condemn the listeners and participants of the show and mock their views he has passed numerous comments on who and what the participants are and do therefore making out that he is some thing special so with the magic of tv we where able to see and judge him just like he does each night he is given air time oh sorry i should say each night you are given air time.....
    the fact that you getting so defensive is too funny looser:D

'Looser'.... Yes, I can see that your intelligence shows no bounds. As for you thinking that I might in fact be Jeremy, I can assure you that I am neither Adrian, Jeremy and nor do I have anything to do with them. Yet you make this utter useless point about Jeremy being on the tv and how disgruntled you were by this. And the relevance is what exactly?? They are radio presenters. Therefore your reference to them being on the tv makes no sense and has no relevance in this topic. And as for Jeremy thinking that he is something special because he is on the tv... I'm sure that his bosses had more to do with it than your mind can comprehend and it simply was not a case of Jeremy running up to his boss saying that he wanted to be on the tv!! Radio doesn't work that way.

Would that also now mean that you would now differ your opinion on Newstalk's off the ball presenters as they are on tv too?

Your comment made no sense little girl. So maybe when you get a bit older, you will come back with a valid reason as to why you seeing what either Adrian or Jeremy should make any difference to an extremely popular radio show.

As for being defensive, I think you will find that it is just pointing out the obvious facts.

You are obviously just one of those narrow and shallow minded people who expect people in the eye of the media to be pin ups and seemed to be disappointed at what you saw. Well... Build a bridge and get over it.

You obviously have no idea as to how radio shows work if you think Jeremy is up his own ass due to the fact that he is on tv late at night!! And especially when you consider that the time the show was aired to tv, Jeremy was not in the studio as he would be doing his job as a producer!!! :rolleyes:

I would stick to watching the tv if I were you. Glee or something like that is probably your best bet... Not too taxing on the mind!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Its the second most retarded show on radio. Ray Foley is first.

And yet both have huge listenership figures. Go figure.

Mind you, in both cases they have them because they cater to their target market very well. Sure that may mean LCD radio, but it seems to be working for them, - i.e.: they're getting the listeners,- and that's all the advertisers, and therefore also the station heads, care about. In the Phone Show's case in particular, it's also because there's zero actual competition for them (as in NO late night talk show on any other proper competitor in Dublin) - particularly since the demise of the Chris Barry Show on 98FM a number of years ago. Give a show an effective monopoly and it has a chance to flourish - especially in a well populated TSA, and (almost) regardless of actual quality.

I wouldn't be a huge fan of either Kennedy or Foley's show (although I like the guys themselves) and could quote occasions and reasons why I've switched them off half-way through listening, but I can certainly see and appreciate why they are so popular and I certainly wouldn't stoop as low as to just straight-out insult them.
    Mega Buddy wrote:
    'Looser'.... Yes, I can see that your intelligence shows no bounds. [...] you make this utter useless point [...] more to do with it than your mind can comprehend [...] Your comment made no sense little girl. So maybe when you get a bit older, you will come back with a valid reason... [...] You are obviously just one of those narrow and shallow minded people who expect people in the eye of the media to be pin ups and seemed to be disappointed at what you saw. Well... Build a bridge and get over it. [...] You obviously have no idea as to how radio shows work if you think ... [...] I would stick to watching the tv if I were you. Glee or something like that is probably your best bet... Not too taxing on the mind!

Jesus, dude... seriously!... Have you ever heard of "Attack the post, not the poster."? Taking a jab at someone's intelligence on an internet bulletin board because of their spelling is bad enough, but continuing on as you did - as quoted here - well, it just boggles the mind, to be honest...!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

RCNPhotos wrote: »
    Usually it's the same old stuff, Jeremy pretends to be thick and not know what something means/is/does and Adrian makes fun of him for it. I can't really explain why but something about it just makes my skin crawl. Maybe it's the fact it's the same nonsense every night?

Hahaha THIS! Does my head in, used to listen to the show every night years back and then this started, they do it every single night... head wrecking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RCNPhotos

Exactly Holsten, it's head wrecking stuff. But everytime I'm in the kitchen or playin the auld xbox for 20 mins before I hit the bed I turn it on to see how annoying they're being. Think it's to do with bein Irish, we do love moaning about stuff.

But yeah, they wreck my head.

What is it with djs who think they need to be Ireland's next answer to Tommy Tiernan. Guys you're not funny.

Bard wrote: »
    And yet both have huge listenership figures. Go figure.

Yep. Kinda like 2 girls one cup. Curiosity just gets the better of ya. Similar content aswell;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭sesna

I suppose media has to provide listenship for the likes of David Curran etc, something they can relate to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Bard wrote: »
    and I certainly wouldn't stoop as low as to just straight-out insult them.

Neither did he. He said the shows are retarded.

Not exactly the word I'd use, but they are exceptionally low brow and stupid programmes. But like you said... catering to their target market I guess and they do it well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Therefore, anyone who greets a post saying "I think <DJ Name> is OK" with "Hi <DJ NAME>" gets a one day ban - no exceptions."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Bard wrote:
    and I certainly wouldn't stoop as low as to just straight-out insult them.
    Neither did he. He said the shows are retarded.

Actually, I made that distinction - said I wouldn't be a huge fan of their shows (despite liking the guys themselves) - and by "them" (in "I wouldnt [...] just straight-out insult them") I was referring to "Kennedy or Foley's show", which he did just straight-out insult by calling them "retarded".

Just to clarify lads, I meant I think the shows are retarded. I dont know any of the DJ's personally.

• Advertisement
Advertisement