Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tramore strand - how long?

Options
  • 23-05-2009 11:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭

Does anyone know the distance from the lifeguard hut, down the back strand, around the sandhills and back up the beach? I ran it last night and would like to know what distance I covered. It's not easy running on sand I can tell you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its about 5 miles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

luvlylady wrote: »
    Does anyone know the distance from the lifeguard hut, down the back strand, around the sandhills and back up the beach? I ran it last night and would like to know what distance I covered. It's not easy running on sand I can tell you!
    how long did it take ya to do it?? have ran it in twenty mins full length down and back but that was when was at me fittest few years back

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭sean_84

mike65 wrote: »
    Its about 5 miles.

I'm pretty sure it's closer to 4 miles

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The beach is 4km long (3 miles)

Its 3 miles from the ladies slip area and 2.5 from the car park/hut

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭luvlylady

I'm going to say 5 miles if the beach is about 2.5 miles long from the car park area. Thanks.

Wouldn't dream of saying the time I did it in, suffice to say it was no where near 20 minutes! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

luvlylady wrote: »
    I'm going to say 5 miles if the beach is about 2.5 miles long from the car park area. Thanks.

Wouldn't dream of saying the time I did it in, suffice to say it was no where near 20 minutes! :D
    keep up the good work though you,ll do it in that time eventually used often go running down there with the gardai,fire service during summer few years ago we used be put through our paces down there sprinting up and down the sand dunes

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭ash2008

hey

im just wondering how long is the beach in tramore, ive seen it said its 5k in some places and 3k in others. I'd be talking from say the cliffs down to the sandhills.
    The reason i ask is cos id like to go jogging there and would like to know how much distance im running :)

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭ak51535

emm slightly over 3 miles...not sure what that is in km's...possible 6.4?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭ash2008

thanks, thats about 5 k i believe...so a run up and down would be 10k, that'll be plenty long for me:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

this sites handy for thing like this

http://www.mapmyrun.com/create_new

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

4km from one end to the other, least it was on Sunday when I ran it, went to the end and back and it was 8km

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

Cabaal wrote: »
    4km from one end to the other, least it was on Sunday when I ran it, went to the end and back and it was 8km

that sounds right
    the baldy man run is 5 miles(8k) starting outside the toilets by the amusements down the slip and down the beach around the sandhills and back up the backstrand finishing at the end of the prom by the slip

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

by my guess its about 34,621 scones long from one end t th'other

It depends where you start from! If you go from the start of the beach by the cliffs its 3 miles, if you start from the end of the prom its nearer 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

ash2008 wrote: »
    hey

im just wondering how long is the beach in tramore, ive seen it said its 5k in some places and 3k in others. I'd be talking from say the cliffs down to the sandhills.
    The reason i ask is cos id like to go jogging there and would like to know how much distance im running :)

thanks

if you've a nokia phone with gps you can track your runs with this http://www.sportstrackingtechnologies.com/#/us-EN/public

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

The iPhone has a good app for it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Chochese

by my guess its about 34,621 scones long from one end t th'other

Hmmmmm.. I'd say closer to 50,000

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭hellfireie

theres a measurement tool on google earth, could try that

• Registered Users Posts: 34 magpie30

i jogd it from clifs round sand hills and backup using a garmen i hink itwas 8. somting

• Advertisement

Chochese wrote: »
    Hmmmmm.. I'd say closer to 50,000

You sir, obviously need to find a better baker, because your current one is clearly providing you with sub-standard, skimpy, poor-person scones that I would wager are not up to regulation standards!

Either that or your just wrong, your WRONG! Give it up your a quack! Leave the scone-measurin science to the real professionals!

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Chochese

I'm working on the basis of a scone having the approximate diameter of 80mm... At least that's how big I'm reckoning a scone to be. Where do you get your gargantuan 115mm diameter scones from? :D

I've been sworn to secrecy, therefore I cant tell you where to get man-scones little girl

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Merged with a previous thread asking the same question which was in the Waterford County forum.

Since this is not Waterford City related, ill keep the "new" thread in the County forum.

Topic Merged

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

From the lifeguard hut, down prom past amusements, turn right past freddies/misties etc, turn right at mini roundabout, down to main roundabout, turn right down past the gaa pitch and back to the hut.

Google maps tells me its 2k. Would that be about right?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭jmdsk

It's just under 3km around. according to garmin.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭jmdsk

Just under 9Km from the start of prom around and back. but i suppose it depends how close you stay to the hills.

Excellent :)
    I'm working my way up to running 5k and you've just made me very happy seeing as I can now run 3k in one go instead of the 2k I though I was doing!

Merged with existing thread.

Please search before posting folks (well, look down the first page at least as the older topic had a post just yesterday!)

Topic Merged

• Advertisement

I posted my question as a seperate topic because its a diffeent route! Question answered though so no harm :)

Advertisement