Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

anyone got a 58cm specilized roubaix frame?

• 07-05-2010 8:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭

would a 58 suit a 6'2 fella?

there's an 08 frame for sale on ebay, decent enough price (at the minute),

ive checked the geometry on their website, but they dont show pictures of each tube, and im not 100% of the wording

how im measuring is using the CANYON bikes perfect fit system, and transferring the measurements (cheers voodoo for that trick),

but as i said, specialized dont show pictures with the description, so im not sure whether top tube length etc.... is from centre to centre, or where

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

would a 58 suit a 6'2 fella?
    Probably. I'm 6'0 and always rode 58cm in my road bikes (including Specialized) but the calculators often put me on "57" as my ideal. So 58 sounds like it would be OK for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

It says Top-Tube Length, Horizontal: 582mm

And there's a note at the bottom of the table to say where the TT measurement is taken.

spec_roubaix_geo_10_f.gif

http://www.specialized.com/gb/en/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?sid=10Roubaix&eid=4951&menuItemId=9336

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ventoux

Hi there, I have been riding an s works 58 cm since 08 and
    have no problems.I'm 6-2 also, and use a 120mm stem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

I've seen people say that the Canyon website measurement system is far from perfect. These were people who bought Canyon bikes only to find that the frame was just a little too big or that the stem was the wrong length. It could just be that everyone is different and that no one measurement system suits all, or it could be that the Canyon system isn't as accurate as it could be. In either case it's worth double-checking the results from the Canyon system against one or two other means (using mathematical formulae, for example) of calculating frame size.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

I'm also 6'2" and ride a 58cm S-Works. The Roubaix will probably fit you fine (is it the blue one? :)). Specialized road bikes tend to be a little bit longer than some other brands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

Jumpy wrote: »

stunning bike,

no doubt there, but ive set a limit on my spending, and the ebay one, MAY fall unto it, but again, it may not, im only gonna bid up to €500, if it goes more, im out

so i wouldnt even insult you with an offer, as i know your bike is worth way more than that

the ebay one has a few scratches to the paintwork, hence the slightly cheaper price

im gonna head into cycleways tomorrow and get sized up on a roubaix frame to make sure im right anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭cyco

Hey, I picked up a roubaix on boards for 450 not too long ago. It looks really small and while it says 58 that's really an equivalent measurement and I think the geometry page on specialized site would confirm it's more like a 55.5. So it looks very small but that doesn't really matter. THe length of the top tube is the 58.2 mentioned earlier so at 6'3" and a 120mm stem it's very comfy without being too much like a sportive bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭cyco

Advertisement