Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Shuttle Bus?

Options
  • 07-05-2010 8:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Has anyone taken the shuttle bus from the college to the RDS for the exams yet? Theres SU signs up everywhere advertising it, and I'm gonna need it today. Where do I get it from and how frequent is it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

well in the mornings it's about every half hour,but that breaks down with traffic etc. it's on a continous loop from the RDS to the Xpresso bus stop outside Glenomena[if you go across the road from the 10 stop and follow the pathway on the left side of the pitch you'll see the bus stops.

Just to be safe,I try and be there about an hour before the exam starts you never know how long your trip will take[your probably faster walking/getting a dublin bus and walking] once it gets to rush hour,
    also,in a semi-related note if you've ever trained for rugby it'll will pay dividends when trying to get on the bus.Trust me, you'll see why

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭inbodwetrust

well in the mornings it's about every half hour,but that breaks down with traffic etc. it's on a continous loop from the RDS to the Xpresso bus stop outside Glenomena[if you go across the road from the 10 stop and follow the pathway on the left side of the pitch you'll see the bus stops.

Just to be safe,I try and be there about an hour before the exam starts you never know how long your trip will take[your probably faster walking/getting a dublin bus and walking] once it gets to rush hour,
    also,in a semi-related note if you've ever trained for rugby it'll will pay dividends when trying to get on the bus.Trust me, you'll see why

Ye its a real fight to get on it. Imo you would be better off getting a Dublin bus and walking or getting the DART to Sandyford

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Jack Bracken

Ye its a real fight to get on it. Imo you would be better off getting a Dublin bus and walking or getting the DART to Sandyford

You mean Sandymount, right? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

You could just walk from UCD - it's not far, an easy walk for any halfway fit person.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I'll also point out parking in the RDS is €5. So if you get 5 mates, even 2 mates, you'll save a round trip on the bus.

But Dublin Bus or walking are the best options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I haven't gotten it since 1st year as it didn't come until about half an hour before the exam started and it only seats a limited number of people anyway.

Advertisement