Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lakelands Fishery Roosky

Options
  • 07-05-2010 9:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

I am thinking of heading out to Lakelands Fishery Roosky. I know its technically cheating but i have never caught a carp or a tench and would like to give it a go.

Has anyone been there before? Any use? best methods??

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

Never been my self, but there's talk of going saturday week .. maybe, bait must be bough on site from what i've read ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Been once but didn't chance lake with big carp in,haven't been fishing for year and half but just got couple of rods and need to build tackle up but if your ever looking for someone to go with give me a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Favorite place is oaklands in new ross will be heading there again soon

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭flounder

oaklands is a great spot, tackle shop right beside the lake, full to the neck with carp, tench,rudd, bream
    its a sure bet if you want to catch a carp,

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭midlands1

Has anyone been to Lakelands Fishery in Rooskey recently. Would appreciate any tips from anyone who has fished there .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Beardyman

I've fished it a few times alright. Never tried the lake with the big carp but the other lake with the long island has loads of small carp and tench. I usually fish the pole with maggot or maybe corn. The island is probably just out of reach of the pole so you'd need to try float or feeder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Ive never fished there, but im pretty sure feeder fishing is not allowed, unless the rules were changed.

Advertisement