Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HDMI cables perform differently!

• 07-05-2010 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

I bought a high speed HDMI cable in Game last year for 12 euro to use with the PS3. The spec is HDMI 1.3a. It is pretty good and the colour definition is quite deep especially with games and Blu-ray movies, and even with normal DVDs.

Now last month i seen a HDMI cable 1.3b professional grade in HMV for 13 euro. It acts differently to the other one in the fact that the sound is alot better and movies and games are slightly sped up. Also i found that while watching Blu-rays it made it look more 3D. The picture is alot clearer as well.

The reason im posting this is because i was reading about the different HDMI spec cables i.e 2.0, 1.3a, 1.3b etc and it said on a high def forum that there is no difference for consumers...

i have... just wondering has anyone else experienced something similar?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

I'm interested in the replies to this one myself... there should be no difference between HDMI cables at that level but if you've seen differences then there clearly is. Was everything else the same? By that I mean was the only thing changed the cable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

The placebo effect can cause people to observe differences when there are none.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

Please see this recent thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055871082 which has plenty of techncial explanations about HDMI cables.

I'm very reluctant to have another thread which will inevitably bring the "eyes and ears" vs "science" argument to the surface to which there is really no useful conclusion.

For this reason I'm closing this thread. Please read the thread at the link above and if you feel that there is something lacking in the explanantions or something relevant and new to be brought to bear on the discussion, please drop a PM to me and the topic can be re-opened in a suitable form.

Thanks,

Ritz.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement