Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork: Moving to Crosshaven. What ISP's are there to choose from?

• 07-05-2010 10:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

Hi!

I'm moving out of town in the end of the month (no more drunks hanging on our doorstep, or noisy students rumbling arounf at 3am on a tuesday)

And with this i'm also cancelling my UPC (not a minute to soon tbh.)
    Anyone know what providers are available? I've heard of Perlico, but was thinking about going back to Smart. And since they require a landline-number to check availability i'm kinda stuck.

I do my fair share of dl'ing, but i guess i have to accept not having 20Mb anymore. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Dial up ....lol

only kidding - I think you should be able to get UPC/NTL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭dMaN24

UPC does not work out there.

I talked to them yesterday as i was cancelling my account.
    "-Do you want us to see if you can transfer it?"
    "-Ma'm, i'm quite sure you can't.."
    "-Well we can check if you want to?"
    "-Well, unless anything has changed in the last week or so i doubt that you have covera.."
    "-I'm afraid we don't have any coverage in that area.."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Only eircom/bitstream for DSL and maybe Nova WISP depending on your location.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

Try the phone number of a pub, eg: 021 4831829 . No smart available.
    Anyone know if there is 3g coverage in Crosshaven?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

No O2 3g however Meteor 3g enabled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IRCA

dMaN24 wrote: »
    Hi!

I'm moving out of town in the end of the month (no more drunks hanging on our doorstep, or noisy students rumbling arounf at 3am on a tuesday)

And with this i'm also cancelling my UPC (not a minute to soon tbh.)
    Anyone know what providers are available? I've heard of Perlico, but was thinking about going back to Smart. And since they require a landline-number to check availability i'm kinda stuck.

I do my fair share of dl'ing, but i guess i have to accept not having 20Mb anymore. :rolleyes:

Crosshaven exchange is broadband enabled - see link for details -

http://www.broadbandatoz.ie/your-area.asp?id=2

You should be able to chosse from a few suppliers such as Ericom, Vodafone etc.... As previous folks have said, check your telephone number on any of the suppliers websites to check.

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 ClareML

Hi there
    I'm also thinking of moving to Crosshaven and would be interested to hear how you are getting on.
    Do you commute? Have you got kids at school? What are the locals like?
    I'd be grateful for any feedback.
    Ta very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭castlepoint

crosshaven is a great town.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Carlin

I live in Crosshaven. The mobile phone signal is awful. Vodafone 2 bars at best.

Advertisement