Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have i voided my warranty? (earpiece broken on C905 with O2)

Options
  • 07-05-2010 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

Hiya!

Yesterday my C905 decided to go belly up. Earpiece won't work in the matter that i cannot hear anything. I know i know, broken record as it is a "normal" issue.

My question is if i have in someway voided my warranty, since i've more or less un-everything from it whilst on contract. Unlocked, unbranded and changed firmware.

Is there anyway they can relate this to not take it under warranty?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,238 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Just send it back for repair, it shouldn't effect your warranty, but it will be rebranded they way it was originally was when you get it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

Technically you have an Sony Ericsson can turn around and say that you have voided your warranty by doing that.
    But SE dont check, so no need to worry.

And as its a "normal" problem, the repair centre will just replace the part and flash to latest firmware (if available) and then send it back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭dMaN24

billbond4 wrote: »
    Technically you have an Sony Ericsson can turn around and say that you have voided your warranty by doing that.
    But SE dont check, so no need to worry.

And as its a "normal" problem, the repair centre will just replace the part and flash to latest firmware (if available) and then send it back to you.

Wee.. Latest googlemaps :P

Thank you one and all :)

Hmpff.

Date Received: 5/12/2010 9:20:20 AM
    Date Dispatched: 5/14/2010 1:13:06 PM
    Date Shipped: 5/17/2010 4:04:23 PM

Picked it up today. According to the branch they had replaced the earpiece and flashed it.

But still no workie earpiece, and i can still select my flashed language (Swedish)

Interesting, wouldn't ya say? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

Would have thought they'd test it before giving it back to you.......

• Advertisement

Kerr-bump.

Seems like it's taking them forever this time (or has it even left the store?)

I handed it back in on the 24th and haven't heard anything since.
    For me "Recieved" would be the branch-status. As in the got it on the 24th, and didn't register it until the 28th?

Product: Sony Ericsson c905
    Date Booked:
    Date Received: 5/28/2010 9:51:57 AM
    Date Dispatched:
    Date Shipped:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Should have sent it to MPRC yourself. If it hasnt left the store, go and pick it up and send it yourself.

Advertisement