Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My HTC Desire wont start!

• 07-05-2010 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi,

I have an unlocked HTC Desire about 1 week now. I was loving it, until this morning.

This morning it crashed. I get a dialogue saying "The application HTC Sense (process com.htc.launcher) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" with a "Force close" button. When I press the force close button the error returns again within about 2 seconds.

I have tried taking out the battery for a minute several times. When the phone starts up I get the same problem immediately. I have also removed my SD card. This didn't work.

I can see that text messages are coming through. I can also power off the phone by pressing the power button and then selecting the power off option. That's about all I can do.

Before I try a factory reset using phone buttons can anyone advise?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Try just resetting HTC Sense (Settings, Applications, find HTC Sense, Clear Data). This will remove everything from your homescreens, so you will need to setup your home screens again.

Did you install/update anything this morning? If you did, uninstall it while you're on the Applications screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 steve_f

Thanks for the quick reply.

I can't launch settings. When I press "force close" everything on the screen dissapears except for the Notifications drop down, which I can access. Then the "Force close" re-appears.

I did not install anything this morning. I was listening to music using the 3 music app for about 20 minutes and had just opened an internet page when this started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭anton

Have a look here http://www.knowyourcell.com/htc/htc-desire/desire-guides/443117/how_to_hard_reset_the_htc_desire.html I've no idea what's going to get erased, so take care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Yeah, I''d say you will have to do a hard reset also. It will bring it back to factory settings, but hopefully sort it

Thanks everyone. I did the factory reset:

http://www.htc.com/uk/howto.aspx?id=637&type=1&p_id=312

This has solved the problem. My phone is now working again. It is reset to the factory setting so basically everything has been deleted and I had to go through the set up steps again.

I've only had it a week so that's not too bad . My music was on the SD card so that's ok. I will have to re-import my contacts via bluetooth from my old phone. I have also lost my texts.

Thanks for all the help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

for the future - install sms backup & restore. it backs up to the sd card and works quite well.

Will do. I've learned my lesson ;)

Advertisement