Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recycling stuff

Options
  • 07-05-2010 10:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hello there people , living out in salthill and wondering where i can bring my recycleables , i found the bottle bank but wondering is there a any public ammenity for paper etc ??/ thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

No, paper is recycled in your green bin.
    Someone else might have seen banks for paper etc but I've only seen ones for glass.
    The council recycling centre might take it. Ring them.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Mcmurphy_old

Cheers guys , but thats the thing we dont have an official bin as we are attempting to recycle everything independently !! Though this recycling craic was the future ???

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

Mcmurphy wrote: »
    Cheers guys , but thats the thing we dont have an official bin as we are attempting to recycle everything independently !! Though this recycling craic was the future ???

Recycling is the future as long as some middle man get compensated for it.
    Its not profitable if people were to you know...use less packaging and stuff!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

no paper/cardboard bins anywhere (really stupid...)

You *may* be able to bring it to Barna Waste - they do paper recycling (we get those clear bags from them, but you may be able to bring it to their recycling facility), it's probably your only option.

Ring them first, though, to check!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

The waste depot on the Headford Road will take it, but you have to pay by weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Have you a fireplace, or better still a stove? This is a bit messy but fun:p and the end result is oddly arty and they burn ok

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Aurora Borealis

Totally agree with ya there on the messy arty fun. Mary Fitz eat your heart out!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

If you bring it to the dump on the Headford Road they'll take it, and they don't charge much; I've brought recylable waste out there and there's different areas for different types of rubbush. Cost you a few bob but it's worth doing, esp if it's dry stuff..

Advertisement