Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

volunteer work?

• 07-05-2010 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Im thinking of joining order of malta as auxiliary member.

Would ye recommend it and would it be of benefit to me when i go to join the gardai.if i spend a year or two at it.

Any of ye do it before hand?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭cushtac

It would look good on the application alright. If you've an interest in it, join it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

Im thinking of joining order of malta as auxiliary member.

Would ye recommend it and would it be of benefit to me when i go to join the gardai.if i spend a year or two at it.

Any of ye do it before hand?

Thanks.

Go for it. Not only will it look good for you but it is also a very useful skill to have.

No one should ever put your life on hold hoping they will get into AGS.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Marshall987

TheNog wrote: »
    Go for it. Not only will it look good for you but it is also a very useful skill to have.

No one should ever put your life on hold hoping they will get into AGS.

Thanks i just need to fill in the form then hand it in and i can start learning first aid and start doing duty's with the more experienced.Looking forward to it i must say.

Do you mean don't put my life on hold for joining the AGS? If so i can't help it.My whole life right now is about going back to do my leaving and doing anything else like volunteering to become a Garda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

Do you mean don't put my life on hold for joining the AGS? If so i can't help it.My whole life right now is about going back to do my leaving and doing anything else like volunteering to become a Garda.

I mean if you have plans to do a course or go on holiday etc etc, dont postpone any of those plans. By all means do everything you can to increase your chances to get into AGS

Advertisement