Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to buy twin cable for satellite?

• 07-05-2010 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi there

My lovely dog has chewed through the twin cable that runs from the dish, around the house and then into the back of the sky+ box. She's chewed through it outside the house and I now need to replace a section of this cable from halfway round the house right up into to the sky box.

If I am correct in my research :rolleyes: I need some more twin satellite cable and F connectors which should be grand to do....where can I buy this cable? Local electrical place didn't have it nor does local B&Q. I can't use two seperate cables as they both won't fit through the hole in the wall which is a snug fit for the twin cable. I am renting so don't fancy making the hole in the wall any bigger!

Any ideas where in Dublin area I can buy?

Ta very much

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Try armstrong electronics in Bluebell near naas road

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭pelisor2000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Yep even better suggestion, ask for André

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭mrsmaths

Brilliant guys, thanks a million :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

so do satworld do this cable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,131 ✭✭✭John mac

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    so do satworld do this cable?

why not ring them or look at their website. :rolleyes:

better off using two runs of ct100 .

or here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Most skinny shotgun cable is only good for short runs.
    Two runs of TX100/CT100/PF100 proper cable can be neatly run side by side.

Very easy to widen the hole slightly. No-one without a ruler will notice the difference.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

mrsmaths wrote: »
    She's chewed through it outside the house .... I can't use two seperate cables as they both won't fit through the hole in the wall

If the cable is damaged outside, then it's already running through the hole. So I don't see the problem with cable diameter.

Having said that, if you were happy with thin "shotgun" cable before the stupid* animal did its work, then you won't see any difference if you replace it with the same.

* I say "stupid" because that cable could be carrying nearly 20 volts. If it decides to chew a 220 volt mains cable, it'll be a very dead dog.

Advertisement