Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Catalytic converter is broken.

Options
  • 07-05-2010 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hey all,

As above, my catalytic converter is gone on my car which is a Volvo C70 2.4. I am having terrible trouble locating someone who can fix it as it is a rare-ish type car. The turbo is bolted to the side of the cat which makes things that much more complicated. It is basically making this rattling noise which I have been told would suggest the filter is broken.

I have been quoted €750 to get it fixed but I would live with the noise for that money.

Does anyone have any suggestions how to reduce the noise or where I can get it fixed without getting lashed price wise?

Comments

Advertisement