Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How busy is the JJ Library today?

Options
  • 07-05-2010 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

I am a UCD graduate who sometimes uses the James Joyce library for work purposes.

How busy is it today? I was hoping that, with many exams on, and it being Friday, that its not TOO chaotic. Am I correct in saying this, or am I better off staying out of it altogether until exams wind down late next week?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭inbodwetrust

I would wait till next week unless your able to work without a plug , as there is never any apart from before 10am

Over the past few days there have been very few seats aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 26,410 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Benincasa wrote: »
    I am a UCD graduate who sometimes uses the James Joyce library for work purposes.

Does this cost much?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

noodler wrote: »
    Does this cost much?

How much does it cost?

Long term access (ends 28th February)

UCD Graduate € 35

Non-UCD Graduate € 120

Weekly access

UCD Graduate € 20

Non-UCD Graduate € 30

Daily access

UCD Graduate € 10

Non-UCD Graduate € 15

Alumni cannot get into the library between March-May.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

do you get jstor access if you pay?

I really doubt you even get computer access.

IIRC Jstor access is given thorugh your login and I doubt they issue you with a sort of a daily pass there for use with your laptop.

• Advertisement

I really doubt you even get computer access.

IIRC Jstor access is given thorugh your login and I doubt they issue you with a sort of a daily pass there for use with your laptop.

As above you wont get access as a student as you wont be a student number or ucd connect login. However if you bring in your own laptop and use the wireless network you can use jstor and other journal databases on campus. You wont get external access.

I must say I thought, although open to the possibility that I am incorrect, that you logged into SIS before you could get to blackboard and it wasn't simply being on a UCD computer which got you in.

I must say I thought, although open to the possibility that I am incorrect, that you logged into SIS before you could get to blackboard and it wasn't simply being on a UCD computer which got you in.

When youre on campus you dont need to log into anything to get onto journal databases. The site picks up the ucd ip address so anyone can use it.

Regarding blackboard you can access it without going into ucd connect, the direct link is elearning.ucd.ie

Advertisement