Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick DC Appeal - SUCCESS!!!

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

mymp9 wrote: »
    Exactly B'man and mole eggsactly here here. thnx to this type of rubbish the doj looks at us the same way we look at a charlie Chaplin Film Keystone cop scenario.
    too many walter mittys..

Well then we dont have much to worry about on either side then do we???:rolleyes:
    Speaking of Walts....
    Mymp9,well done...you have now got yourself a marker with both the Gardai and DOJ.They dont like being referred to as the Keystone Cops...
    Had a long chat with a Super now a CS about that little point when I was applying for a firearms dealership.They read and cherry picked the comment from Boards.ie:)

Bman,and Mr Mole,may I humbly request that you Re read thelast three posts,as Sparks asked me to clarify a point I made???
    Brought up by a Mymp9 as well,who hasnt answerd them either.

I used an example of another inefficent Govt method of training of a highly qualified task.As Sparks likes his detail ,I thought best to give it.Sorry for it being longwinded,but better to have too much detail than too little.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭tfox

Hey Grizzly just been reading this thread now.. Congrats on fighting you case through the courts and winning :D

Just curious what do you actually use your semi-auto .243 for ....?

Well thats when I get it...As soon as my CS sees the light :Dand realises he is running very close to being in contempt of court now.
    want it for hunting,local and international,foxing,target shooting,both local and international.
    Should also add,as it is a modular rifle,all I have to do is change the upper for a different calibre,if I dont like the .243without changing a whole rifle.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭tfox

Can you stalk deer with a semi-auto ...? Would be handy tool for foxing though :D

Er ..Yeah!! Why not??
    Wildlife act doesnt say diddly about the type of rifle or its action,or quite frankly mag capacity either..It leaves that to semi and pump shotguns with three shots.
    Which is unfair as you are one shot down on a man with a matched set of doubles and a loader:(:p.Not that I am going to be spraying the countryside either with .243 ammo.Rather expensive stuff for that.Rather also as I am physically challenged with a bolt action for a quick follow up shot and the terrain I want to hunt in is more suitable to fast handling rifles of the pump ,semi, lever variety.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

tfox wrote: »
    Can you stalk deer with a semi-auto ...? Would be handy tool for foxing though :D

Dwight has an R-15 .223R

AUTOLOADING MODEL R-25
    Remington is excited to announce the Model R-25, a modular repeating rifle designed for big game hunters. The Model R-25 is available in 243 Win., 7mm-08 Remington and 308 Win.; three of today’s most popular short action hunting cartridges.

Advertisement