Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adult swiming lesson

Options
  • 07-05-2010 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi Folks,
    Found great link with all the swiming areas in limerick: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055248178

Its about time i finally learnt how to swim, from the above places ect that offer swimming lessons for adults, can anyone recommend from experience which would be the best. I reckon i have 2 months to learn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Limerick91

UL do a good programme over the summer.
    Lessons 2 nights a week
    Ring the arena to enquire about booking yourself on a course

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Casperbhoy

UL is the place to learn, can`t recommend it enough

Had me swimming in 3 weeks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭aldeniro

Cheers

Casperbhoy wrote: »
    UL is the place to learn, can`t recommend it enough

Had me swimming in 3 weeks:)

Thats exactly what i wanted to hear, am 30+, feeling fairly embarassed to say the least that cannot swim, the less lessons needed (i hope), the less embarassement (fok i hope i dont have to weat those arm bands the kids wear ?:O))

• Registered Users Posts: 37 TimeonmyHands

OP - in the same position myself!!
    Heard from a colleague during the week that I could avail of private swimming lessons in the Maldron Hotel. 6 x 30min sessions and apparently I'll be confidentially swimming. A tad more expenses that a group lesson but well worth it, so I'm told.

• Advertisement

OP - in the same position myself!!
    Heard from a colleague during the week that I could avail of private swimming lessons in the Maldron Hotel. 6 x 30min sessions and apparently I'll be confidentially swimming. A tad more expenses that a group lesson but well worth it, so I'm told.
    Thats sounds ok i guess, just rang endas and they do a 7 wk stint of lessons for about 7/8 euro each time, assuming they reckon 7 should do it also.....Why o Why did i not learn when i was younger!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Casperbhoy

getting your breathing right takes time, you need to be patient..you will take a mouth full of water from time to time

Advertisement