Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Activating Eircom phone line

• 07-05-2010 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Looking for help,
    just moved in to a rented house with an eircom phone line thats not activated.
    Thing is I want to get phone and broadband with another provider.
    Do I have to get Eircom to activate the line first, is there a charge or how does this work
    Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Depends on the ISP. Magnet can activate lines, but I think that only applies if you can avail of their LLU product (not bitstream).

If eircom activate a line now, they impose a 6 month contract for line rental. If you want out of this, the cost is €100 (or there abouts), at which point you can move to an alternate provider. Other providers may be able to get the line activated, without you having to go near eircom, but there have been mixed reports about the cost and time frame (long delays) when doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

jor el wrote: »
    Depends on the ISP. Magnet can activate lines, but I think that only applies if you can avail of their LLU product (not bitstream).

If eircom activate a line now, they impose a 6 month contract for line rental. If you want out of this, the cost is €100 (or there abouts), at which point you can move to an alternate provider. Other providers may be able to get the line activated, without you having to go near eircom, but there have been mixed reports about the cost and time frame (long delays) when doing this.

I got eircom broadband recently for just 22euro per month including line rental.
    think it was a special offer to entice people back who have a line not active

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Buckiefc

Thanks for advice
    May be just easier to stick with eircom for short term and switch later

Advertisement