Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clothes Designer / Clothes Manufacturer?

Options
  • 07-05-2010 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi. I’m hoping to set up a company retailing a limited range of jumpers.

I have an idea in mind of the design of the jumpers that I would like to sell.
    However, as I am not a fashion designer I would like to get input from people with experience in this field.

Has anyone on ‘boards’ designed clothes for retail before?

Once I have the design finalised – I need to get the Jumpers manufactured!
    One possibility is to go to The Middle East or Asia with the design template – however, if at all possible, I would like to give the business to an Irish company. Is anyone aware of Irish clothes manufacturing companies?

I’m really starting from scratch here – so any information / advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 aqquua

Better, look for manufactures in India, Bangladesh, Srilanka and Nepal. You get quality work at affordable price. If you give to Irish manufactures it is difficult to compete on price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jaja09

Hi. I’m hoping to set up a company retailing a limited range of jumpers.

I have an idea in mind of the design of the jumpers that I would like to sell.
    However, as I am not a fashion designer I would like to get input from people with experience in this field.

Has anyone on ‘boards’ designed clothes for retail before?

Once I have the design finalised – I need to get the Jumpers manufactured!
    One possibility is to go to The Middle East or Asia with the design template – however, if at all possible, I would like to give the business to an Irish company. Is anyone aware of Irish clothes manufacturing companies?

I’m really starting from scratch here – so any information / advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Jaackthelad,
    How did you get on? Did you manage to find an Irish clothing manufacturer?
    I too have a clothing idea but need to find a designer to help me actually design what I have in mind.
    Would you be able to point me in the right direction?
    Many thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 justbek4h

jaja09 wrote: »
    Hi Jaackthelad,
    How did you get on? Did you manage to find an Irish clothing manufacturer?
    I too have a clothing idea but need to find a designer to help me actually design what I have in mind.
    Would you be able to point me in the right direction?
    Many thanks!!

Hi Jaja09

i know this is quite a late reply :p but i've just been reading through threads and saw yours. Have you started a line? if so how is it going? i'm interested in starting a line too, but it's difficult. I'd be more on the design side of things but finding a manufacturer is difficult and was wondering have you done so?

Thanks a mill :)

Advertisement