Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any men's suit specials on currently?

Options
  • 07-05-2010 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭

Self-explanatory...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Paulyh

lidl have suits on sale since yesterday (6th). i think they are 30 quid or so.
    if you dont mind travelling, The Outlet is just past Newry on the main road and they have a few suit shops there which are brilliant prices. I got suits there for about 70 euros each, well worth the journey if you are looking to buy a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

LIDL, as previous poster said.

Also Penneys, range of suits, some new styles in recently. Suits well under €50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

I'd probably be looking for something a little more businessy than Lidl's finest. I already have a few but need a couple more for work. Willing to spend €150-200 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

some sorta offer on in galvins for men in tullamore, on suits, not sure what though. just saw it when passing there the other day.. sorry can't be of any more help.

Cheers for the ideas so far guys, Im Dublin-based for the most part. Couldnt really justify takin a day off n drivin to Banbridge for the sake of 100/200 quid either...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭gnolan

Best Menswear have some kind of offer on business suits and causal at the moment.

179 for suit, shirt and tie. Hard to make out the details in on the page i'm linking but that could be what you're looking for.

http://www.dundrum.ie/special-offers/page/2/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

i got one in suits you in liffey valley a few weeks ago. nice cut on it and the guys in there had good advice on suits and what to get and the fit of them. Some great offers in there. was tempted to buy two as an offer to buy two but the other one i like didnt have the jacket in stock.

I took a trip over to Best menswear in Dundrum on Saturday. Not great at all tbh. Some very cheap-looking suits. All seemed to be very big/wide; not a hope of looking fitted.

I also got the most ridiculous sales pitch I've ever heard:

Middle-aged salesman (out of nowhere): "That's a fantastic suit."
    Me: "Yeah? What do you like about it"
    Salesman: "Well, just the cut and the colour, y'know"
    Me: "Oh right yeah. Yeah i'ts nice; I think I saw somethin similar in town during the week"
    Salesman: "Not that one you didn't; We have a patent on that colour"

I was in the Sony centre 30 seconds later. I don't even think I bothered answering him...

Advertisement