Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Charleville Castle Photography Weekend 26/27th June 2010

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

dakar wrote: »
    Judging by what I've been shooting mostly lately, an iphone :D

I'll have my D300 with lensbaby/nifty fifty/10-20 which I'll use a bit, I suppose (if you want a proper play with the lensbaby)

Also working on my large format (12x8) X-ray film pinhole camera (this plan is getting ambitious, I'm trying to work out how to attach the lensbaby!)

If you could chop the film down to 4x5, you can have my camera too. A bit of DIY'ing and you'd have the lensbaby mounted onto that. Not that you really need any more tiltyshiftyness on a large format :-/

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Mantel wrote: »
    Want.

Hope to be around the castle for this one instead of working like last time :/

I've got 2!! Some gentleman gave them to me last week as a present. He pops by my gallery regularly and is very enthusiastic. He's made to move to digital (a g11) and reckoned he'd never use them again, that was really nice of him.

Anyway sure I'll bring the 2 of them and people can use them whenever they want.

I might rob one off you for a wee bit, I've been lusting over them for a good while now.

Fajitas! wrote: »
    I might rob one off you for a wee bit, I've been lusting over them for a good while now.

Anytime, just let me know and I'll leave one in the cupboard in george's st. for you. I'm mostly mucking about with a sportsman (ooooooh...matron) at moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

It almost seems that I am the only one who is planning to enjoy the outing even without photography? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

ThOnda wrote: »
    It almost seems that I am the only one who is planning to enjoy the outing even without photography? :)

Me too but my Ixus wants to come out and play with all the big boys :D:o

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Nope Th0nda.... I'll be there for the craic regardless but I will be shooting my trusted 400D as well!

I'm definitely there for the fun though :)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Are we supposed to take cameras to this?

What about the booze and fresh cooked fish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

Tallon wrote: »
    fish

Awww man, I wish there'd been fish last year, I could really have gone for some of that..........

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

fish and booze and photography?

sounds like a perfect weekend away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

Are we supposed to take cameras to this?

What about the booze and fresh cooked fish?

NO fish plz. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Awww man, I wish there'd been fish last year, I could really have gone for some of that..........

There was fish last year... wasn't there :confused: it was soaked in the beer wasn't it:confused:

I don't think it was the fish that was marinated in beer............................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Sebzy

Well we're just over five weeks to go and I'm just letting everyone know everything is set for our visit.

BBQ is still a runner and will be working on it over the weekend coming. Hope to have a large half barrel setup again and this time with a decent grate and ventilation.

As I've said before if anyone wants to setup group activity's that require planning in advance don't hesitate to give me a shout.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Damn, methinks I'm going to miss this. I'm on crutches for the next six weeks :mad:

F391B2FE849240A9AD7723C417C5EB9B-500.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Damn, methinks I'm going to miss this. I'm on crutches for the next six weeks :mad:

theres always one looking for an excuse not to go :rolleyes: .... did someone on the "waiting list" get to ya ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

:confused:
    Don't understand the problem. You've more than four weeks to learn handling crutches and camera. Or you'll just sit down taking pictures. And you have enough people that can offer you a lift, I'd say.

:)

it's the running from ghosts he's worried about....

Aww come on, every good horror film has to have the guy who stumbles, hurts his leg and can't carry on. Pullandbang was just getting ahead of the game to give him a chance to be heroic.

Make sure to practice your lines now, P&B 'You guys [dramatic pause] go on without me.....'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

Aww come on, every good horror film has to have the guy who stumbles, hurts his leg and can't carry on. Pullandbang was just getting ahead of the game to give him a chance to be heroic.

Make sure to practice your lines now, P&B 'You guys [dramatic pause] go on without me.....'

Yeah that way we don't have to run fast. Just faster than you. :D

Ah ye poor bastard :(

"I'll be right back..."

Aye it might be for the best if you sit this one out there is a real danger of hungry cat attack and moving fast is your only defence.. They may look cute and all but when they swarm you could be looking at 450 little teeth and 300 claws.

BEWARE OF THE CASTLE CATS.

Sebzy wrote: »
    Aye it might be for the best if you sit this one out there is a real danger of hungry cat attack and moving fast is your only defence.. They may look cute and all but when they swarm you could be looking at 450 little teeth and 300 claws.

You wouldn't think it, but this wee lad helped several Boards folk 'disappear' on a previous visit...

Fajitas! wrote: »
    You wouldn't think it, but this wee lad helped several Boards folk 'disappear' on a previous visit...

Oh hey and the offer is still open if anyone wants to adopt a castle cat just give us a shout. Boards meet with FREE CAT!!!

They make for a lovely stew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

Oh hey and the offer is still open if anyone wants to adopt a castle cat just give us a shout. Boards meet with FREE CAT!!!

Oh thank god I am going on this without the Missus. I would wind up with 2-7 cats. :D;):p

Who says I have to be able to run.......

It's you lot that have to run......:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

200DD3DAEA5245B88A4DE1180B00A422-500.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'm not on the list :( I has filled out the registration form, though.

=-=

BTW, with all the beer, cats and cameras last year, how many lolcat photos were created?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

we should have a Best Lolcat Picture competition :)

More worryingly, I'm allergic to cats, ill just bring anti-hists though... still not missing it!

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

DeVore wrote: »
    More worryingly, I'm allergic to cats, ill just bring anti-hists though... still not missing it!

Oi! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭rahtkennades

DeVore wrote: »
    we should have a Best Lolcat Picture competition :)

DeV.
    AnCatDubh wrote: »
    Oi! :D

Meeeowwww lads! :D

Update : Was just down on site over the weekend and we have the BBQ sorted it's the big one we had last year. it's needs a bit of a repair and new grate but it's good.

I guess this will be my last update as everything is ready to go.

We can sort out car pools the week before.

The list as it stands

01 Kjt
    02 Tallon
    03 Theboat
    04 Trishw78
    05 Slidinginfinity
    06 Xia
    07 lotsafish
    08 Irishabi
    09 MIG21
    10 Cabaal
    11 Dakar
    12 Fajitas!
    13 Jemmy
    14 Elven
    15 Rymus
    16 DutchGuy
    17 PCPhoto
    18 Kensutz
    19 Cork_girl
    20 Snorlax
    21 ihastakephoto
    22 pullandbang
    23 m s nixon
    24 ThOnda
    25 Rahtkennades
    26 Fenster
    27 sNarah
    28 kazujo
    29 Buzzlightyear
    30 Sineadw
    31 humberklog
    32 DK32
    33 Foto Joe
    34 Calina
    35 Lagnagouhsse
    36 nilhg
    37 RoryW
    38 sheesh
    39 DeVore
    40 DarrenG
    41 eas
    42 Thomas gee
    43 oshead
    44 the_syco
    45 Homer_Simpson

Everyone on the list can consider themselves booked.

right ... so

What do I pack/buy for this ? (apart from sleeping bag, food, drink and camera gear and a sense of humour !)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

PCPhoto wrote: »
    right ... so

What do I pack/buy for this ? (apart from sleeping bag, food, drink and camera gear and a sense of humour !)
    A polystyrene mat. You can get one in most camping stores. It is essential unless you have an airbed. It makes sleeping on solid ground more bearable. Pillow is optional. A small torch is also a handy thing to have, for night time toilet trips (as opposed to falls :P).

the_syco wrote: »
    A polystyrene mat. You can get one in most camping stores. It is essential unless you have an airbed. It makes sleeping on solid ground more bearable. Pillow is optional. A small torch is also a handy thing to have, for night time toilet trips (as opposed to falls :P).

airbed..... check
    pillow.....check
    loo role ....check
    torch.......check..check (have a couple floating around the house)

now all I have to do is charge batteries and wait till the end of the month !!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Seb I have to cancel for personal reasons.

Is there anything you need from me like a paypal donation or anything?

The list as it stands

22 pullandbang

Everyone on the list can consider themselves booked.

I see I'm still on the list. Sorry but I can't make it, I'm laid up for a few weeks.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=66053412&postcount=116

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

PCPhoto wrote: »
    right ... so

You don't have to bring too much food. We usually end up each throwing in a few quid and making a trip for bbq food

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

DarrenG wrote: »
    You don't have to bring too much food. We usually end up each throwing in a few quid and making a trip for bbq food

I might pick up some lovely burgers and stuff from the local butchers this time, save buying them from the supermarket when we get there...hopefully weather holds up

• Advertisement

The tent I'm bringing is two 2man tents in one. It has a 2man tent left and right of an awningtype thingy so if anyone's stuck for a tent and don't want to splash out on one especially for the occasion then they can have one side of it.

I'll be driving from Dublin too so can give lifts too.

Updated

01 Kjt
    02 Tallon
    03 Theboat
    04 Trishw78
    05 Slidinginfinity
    06 Xia
    07 lotsafish
    08 Irishabi
    09 MIG21
    10 Cabaal
    11 Dakar
    12 Fajitas!
    13 Jemmy
    14 Elven
    15 Rymus
    16 DutchGuy
    17 PCPhoto
    18 Kensutz
    19 Cork_girl
    20 Snorlax
    21 ihastakephoto
    22 the_syco
    23 m s nixon
    24 ThOnda
    25 Rahtkennades
    26 Fenster
    27 sNarah
    28 kazujo
    29 Buzzlightyear
    30 Sineadw
    31 humberklog
    32 DK32
    33 Foto Joe
    34 Homer_Simpson
    35 Lagnagouhsse
    36 nilhg
    37 RoryW
    38 sheesh
    39 DeVore
    40 DarrenG
    41 eas
    42 Thomas gee
    43 oshead

As for the things to bring. It works best if we have the bbq in the evening and all chip in a bit for a supermarket run.

I can dig up some ground blankets or even a tent or two if anyone's stuck.

humberklog wrote: »
    The tent I'm bringing is two 2man tents in one. It has a 2man tent left and right of an awningtype thingy so if anyone's stuck for a tent and don't want to splash out on one especially for the occasion then they can have one side of it.

I'll be driving from Dublin too so can give lifts too.

We could use it as a dark room!

We could use it as a dark room!

Yeah, cos there's not enough dark places in the castle......:eek:

34F5223696D94325A4892EDCD8743968-500.jpg

Think I might wear a name tag this year.

roflbotpsep2989028.jpg

Ah, no need, I think we'll all recognise you :D
    A09011B6B9634BFA9B66DB2C521D94F7-500.jpg

Just seen this posted in BA.... I'm getting one at the weekend :)

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3401895/Trail/searchtext%3EPOP+UP+TENT.htm

36-3401895A73UC620040M.jpg
    * Half Price

€22.49
    was €44.99
    * Cleverly designed tent that pitches in seconds and can be quickly packed away.
    * 1 room.
    * 1 door.
    * Attached groundsheet.
    * Guy rope.
    * 2000mm hydrostatic head.
    * Taped seams.
    * Fire retardant.
    * Size of tent overall (H)95, (W)120, (D)220cm.

Thanks for the heads up. I got one of these for Charleville last year.

If it fits inside the tent, that looks like a winning combo to me. If not, the kids will have fun with the tent anyway, win win :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭kittykrazy

Is there many on the waiting list? Just saw the trip and would love to come and talk clicky.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭MGilly84

Hi sebzy,

I'd love to book a place are ya full??

Advertisement