Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Charleville Castle Photography Weekend 26/27th June 2010

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Tallon wrote: »

Am i the only person on here with a real name? :p

no, me too:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Sebzy

If there's not much opposition we may do a whole who's who during the sign in at 11. Well it's that or badges :)

Wish I had a badge maker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

theboat wrote: »
    I can also bring a guitar, though I don't know all that many songs. So someone else may need to play it!
    I'll bring some shakers or a tambourine or something too. I know loads of songs on those :p

we could bring chords to songs we want to play......

yes. It freaking us all out too btw.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

Sebzy wrote: »
    If there's not much opposition we may do a whole who's who during the sign in at 11. Well it's that or badges :)

Wish I had a badge maker

Hello my name is stickers and a felt tipped pen work. :)

though it will lend itself to joke names.:D
    i.e. - "Hello my name is Indigo Montoya"
    Cool, remind me on sat to give them to you. Havn't a clue who you are.

Hello my name is one of the following:
    Jay
    J.D.
    Jeremy
    Hey You!
    Move! You are in my shot.
    Can somebody roll that drunk guy out of the fire?:eek:
    :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Names and I are not best friends. I will spend all day repeatedly asking you what your names are. I apologise in advance. My name is Tom Murphy which is generally about the most standard irish name after Patrick Murphy :) I respond to DeV too, so feel free to call me that if you like :)

We have a user name Seamus who isnt called Seamus and Gerry who isnt called Gerry. Thats just messing with my head in all fairness.

DeV.

I'm the same names slip off my teflon brain, while faces stick around longer than I want (sometimes). :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Well i'm the eccentric guy with toys and hilarity who will always be making jokes no matter how bad they are and calling you all by your username... I dont care if you have real names, count yourself lucky I won't be calling you's 'OP'

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'll be the one right-clicking on your forehead and looking for the "Edit User" option.... :(

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

I'll be the guy with an arsenal of gear !!! (I assume gear will be reasonably safe in the car ???...or I may have to limit what I bring)

Paddy's the name

is there any river or moat around the castle ? (might bring underwater camera housing - if there is)

oh...does anyone know where I would rent a HC lens for hasselblad apart from ISS ? bought a H1 recently and theres no lens with it - doubt Ebay would deliver fast enough and I'm not paying full price for a hasselblad lens !!...will check Conns in the morning - rented a lens there last weekend - forgot to bring it back - will bring it in to them in the morning....oh, dont anyone buy the 100mm L Macro lens ...its crap !! (or maybe it was my fault)

• Advertisement

Yep gear should be fine in the car but keep it covered or in the boot. AFAIK there has been no theft in the car park ever but there was some lads who stole a jenny 2 years ago.

No river or moat sorry but might be able to sort you out with a bathtub of stinky water and a few earth worms.
    PCPhoto wrote: »
    I'll be the guy with an arsenal of gear !!! (I assume gear will be reasonably safe in the car ???...or I may have to limit what I bring)

Paddy's the name

is there any river or moat around the castle ? (might bring underwater camera housing - if there is)

oh...does anyone know where I would rent a HC lens for hasselblad apart from ISS ? bought a H1 recently and theres no lens with it - doubt Ebay would deliver fast enough and I'm not paying full price for a hasselblad lens !!...will check Conns in the morning - rented a lens there last weekend - forgot to bring it back - will bring it in to them in the morning....oh, dont anyone buy the 100mm L Macro lens ...its crap !! (or maybe it was my fault)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

will leave the underwater stuff at home :( ..... kinda looking forward to it, but im not prepared at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Tallon is a real name?? How so?/
    Mine's easy, Sarah, but sNarah works equally well. Or you can call me what my Irish friends call me: Euro/Belgie/Dutchie/or whatever *funny* alternative they come up with.

I do come with one warning: Apparently I sounds suspiciously Irish for a Non-Irish person and it's slightly scary, so I'm told. Other than that, I'll be the one swooshing around with all sorts of funny camera's (read: toys).

Really starting to look forward to this now - I'm like a little kiddo waiting for the IcecreamVanMan to pass by!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

DeVore wrote: »
    I can play the piano a little but it wont fit in my bag :(:):)

DeV.

There is piano in the castle ;-)

That was freaky Thonda, I thought my eyes were broken!!

That piano looks well playable, but I'm not much good anyway so it will hardly matter. I'm gonna shoot it all the same!

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Just back from Hellfest. T'was epic. Will post up photo's that I took with a mates camera sometime :)
    DeVore wrote: »
    I will spend all day repeatedly asking you what your names are. I apologise in advance.
    And like the last 4 times I met you, I'll know your face, but not your name... :D

=-=

I'll be the tall guy with a shaved head, a bit of a beard, and glasses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭RoryW

I have to pull out due to a family matter. Sorry for late notice.

Seb, if I owe any money send me a PM with how to pay etc

RoryW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Awh bugger, I'm afraid I have to pull out guys. I was really looking forward to this and meeting everyone again but something has crept up.

:(

Sorry to hear that Rory and kjt but thanks for letting me know.

RoryW wrote: »
    I have to pull out due to a family matter. Sorry for late notice.

Seb, if I owe any money send me a PM with how to pay etc

RoryW

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 4 Thomas Gee

I'm coming from waterford and will have room for a lift. Anyone else here from waterford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

First post
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65772572&postcount=1

Revised plan
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=66434106&postcount=186

Things to know
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=66435551&postcount=187

Volunteering At the castle
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=66437772&postcount=194

Food and Drink
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=66440634&postcount=196

The list

kjt
    Tallon
    theboat
    Slidinginfinity
    xia
    irishabi
    MiG 21
    Cabaal
    dakar
    Fajitas
    Jemmy
    elven
    rymus
    DutchGuy
    PCPhoto
    kensutz
    cork_girl
    Snorlax
    m_s_nixon
    ThOnda
    rahtkennades
    sNarah
    kazujo
    Buzzlightyear
    sineadw
    humberklog
    DK32
    foto joe
    Lagnagouhsee
    nilhg
    RoryW
    DarrenG
    sheesh
    DeVore
    eas
    thomas gee
    oshead
    the_syco
    Homer_Simpson
    kittykrazy
    Fionn

Hi Sebzy I'm missing from this revised list.

You were marked ???? on my own list so I was just not sure.
    trishw78 wrote: »
    Hi Sebzy I'm missing from this revised list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

I gotta pull out as well I'm afraid. Something has come up at the last minute that I wasn't planning on.

I hope you all have a great weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭theboat

I'm going to have to pull out too, unfortunately. :(
    Sorry for the late notice Sebzy.
    Have a great weekend everyone. I look forward to seeing some great shots from the trip.

• Advertisement

Oh not good with all these cancellations 11 in total so far.

Well the good news is I still have 38 people planning on going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

:eek::o:eek:
    Yikes!! Beautiful shots though!

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

Recent photo taken in the main hall in charleville castle,the screen in front of the fireplace was not there when i took the photo:eek:
    4730461313_f05c33b851_b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Enjoy the weekend everyone, looks like its going to be super with the amount of friendly people participating.,

Does anyone have a spare roll of 120 medium format B&W that I could borrow/buy of you? Some pinholes are in order me thinks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

I'm scared and excited all at once :(:D
    sNarah wrote: »
    Does anyone have a spare roll of 120 medium format B&W that I could borrow/buy of you? Some pinholes are in order me thinks!

Might be someone in town tomorrow could pick you up some, hmmm I haven't decided if I'm going in myself yet but PM me your number and if I am I'll let you know and I can pop over to Gunnes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭DutchGuy

sNarah wrote: »

Well, I'm planning on getting some tomorrow for use with my new toy:

vbulletin4731047485_4f83de3378_b.jpg4731047485_4f83de3378_b.jpg

So I can give you a roll as I'll probably buy a pack anyway.

I'll be the really tall guy looking at his camera in bewilderment...

DutchGuy what is that?

DutchGuy wrote: »
    Ah yummie! I think we can speak in the same language as well if your name is anything to go by?

I was holding a Lubitel earlier today in a friends house and tried to steal it but it didn't work - that would have been great though, Lubitel and Charleville :(

Oh and I had hoped my new toy had arrived before the weekend, but wont happen by the looks of it :(
    merc1.jpg

and was trying to steal this one :rolleyes:
    lomo-lubitel.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I should have a roll of 120 to spare, most likely some BW.

Good stuff, thanks Jemmy, Walter & Al. I'll refund you for it!

Al - since you're here, you're the man to ask. Pinhole and colour, doenst work does it? And pinhole + 35mm? I would think so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭DutchGuy

DutchGuy what is that?

It's a Moskva 5 - got it a few days ago of adverts, dangerous site....

And sNarah - we can indeed speak the same language, my username is indeed as obvious and unimaginative as it seems :o

BTW that Univex camera looks brilliant!

It comes with 36p instruction manual which starts like this:
    118011.png
    Man I'm really starting to look forward to tonorrow now!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

What with most of us being Irish, Is anybody drinking at this?

If you are, and since there is a lot of us, Might I suggest picking up this?
    SeanyMc22 wrote: »
    At Superquinn 2 crates of either Budweiser, Carlsberg, Heineken or Miller for 30bob.
    330mls bottles great offer for the knockout stages of the World Cup!

If you want I can get it and people can just throw a few euro into it?

• Advertisement

Tallon, I went shopping for the weekend today: http://twitpic.com/1zk1pn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Don't forget that there's a Tesco's/Lidl in Tullamore - save yourself some backaches bringing down all your food and hooch. There's usually a shopping trip before the night sets in :)
    Al - since you're here, you're the man to ask. Pinhole and colour, doenst work does it? And pinhole + 35mm? I would think so?

Pinhole and colour *can* work, but some film goes a bit funny with colour casts, other fim is a complete pain in the arse to scan and you'll end up converting it to BW, so you may aswell shoot with a nice BW film in the first place.

Ok I'm off down to the castle now in about an hour. I have a bit of setup to do and don't want to rush around in the morning.

See you all down there at 11

Thanks for organizing all this once again. :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Enjoy the weekend folks. I'm sick as the proverbial pig that I can't make it :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

Have to head back up to Dublin saturday evening due to unforseen circumstances. If this isnt allowed please let me know so another person can use my place , thanks.

snorlax wrote: »
    Have to head back up to Dublin saturday evening due to unforseen circumstances. If this isnt allowed please let me know so another person can use my place , thanks.

Yep that's fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If you have a freezer box, putting your cans into it, and covering them with ice, keeps them nice and chilled :D It's nice if it's warm outside.

the_syco wrote: »
    If you have a freezer box, putting your cans into it, and covering them with ice, keeps them nice and chilled :D It's nice if it's warm outside.

yeah was looking for one today but it didn't happen so it looks like a wet rag covering a bucket for me :(

See you all tomorrow a 11

• Advertisement

I'll bring some wine.

I'm sofistimated me.

DeV.

Advertisement