If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips 46PFL9704H - Stock Update (it's good news for a change!)

Options
  • 07-05-2010 3:10pm
    Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Guys,

I never thought I would be able to post this message - but we have finally received free stock of the Philips 46PFL9704H.

This is the big daddy of TV's at the moment and (in the regretful absence of Pioneer from the TV market) pretty much the best TV money can buy.

Here is the latest review from What Hi-Fi: http://www.whathifi.com/Review/Philips-46PFL9704/

Here is a link to the full specs: http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/4/46pfl9704h_12/46pfl9704h_12_pss_eng.pdf

Given the awful stock availability issues everyone has had trying to get hold of these - if you are interested drop us a post or a PM and we will work you out a price and do our best to get you sorted,

Thanks as ever Guys,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ryanno

Guys,

I never thought I would be able to post this message - but we have finally received free stock of the Philips 46PFL9704H.

This is the big daddy of TV's at the moment and (in the regretful absence of Pioneer from the TV market) pretty much the best TV money can buy.

Here is the latest review from What Hi-Fi: http://www.whathifi.com/Review/Philips-46PFL9704/

Here is a link to the full specs: http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/4/46pfl9704h_12/46pfl9704h_12_pss_eng.pdf

Given the awful stock availability issues everyone has had trying to get hold of these - if you are interested drop us a post or a PM and we will work you out a price and do our best to get you sorted,

Thanks as ever Guys,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John,

Talk about throwing a spanner in the works!!! Can you pm a price for this.

I have my name down for one of the 46" 8605's, which would you go for personally..........sorry for putting you in a tight spot there;).

(you'll get money outta me eventually!! lol)

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Ryanno

I'd say the 46PFL9704H will beat out the 8605H for out & out Image quality.

It uses a local dimming LED back light system as opposed to the Edge-Lit LED backlighting Tech on the 8605.
    This will give you a greater contrast ratio and better blacks on the 9704.

The 9704 also benefits from a fast response time of 1ms compared to 2ms on the 8 series.
    Both use the same image processor, Perfect Pixel HD, which is very well regarded.

In the 46PFL8605H favour its 3D ready which the 9704 isn't and cant be upgraded to 3D status via a firmware upgrade.

I have yet to see the 8605H in the flesh (due w/c 31/05/2010 - not too far off now) so cant comment on what it will look like, but the 9704H we have set up in store are absolutely stunning TV's.
    I have Avatar and Iron Man (both Blu-Ray) running on two of the 46PFL9704H in store and the BR edition of Planet Earth on the 40PFL9704H.

cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ryanno

Cheer's ash, that helps a little......

What is the price difference on the 2 sets?? Does the boardie special discount still apply.

Was also interested in a decent amp. I have a LG LH-T751TB 5.1 system at the mo and would like to keep the current speakers (if possible) until a lotto win!! Would an amp help with the quality of sound from the speakers, or can these speakers even be used with an amp??

http://www.productwiki.com/upload/images/lg_lh_t751tb.jpg

Which amp would you recommend to use with this setup and either a 46" 9704 or 8605 ;)??

Cheers,

Ryanno

Can you pm me a price for these!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Ryanno

The 46PFL8605H will sell for €1999.99 and the 46PFL9704H sells for €2699.99

Richer Sounds will be able to recommend a very good AV receiver/amp for you. I know plenty of Boardies like Denons and Pioneer AV amps and I can recommend Marantz AV Receivers (I use on myself and love it - goes very nicely with Monitor Audio speakers...)

As for your speakers with your current system, these will be designed to be used with it and most likely will not do justice to a "proper" AV amp sound wise (not trying to be snobby here, just pop into RSB and have a listen to one of their setups and see what I mean - Speaker systems dont have to be expensive, well unless you want them to be)
    You may well beable to plug them into a new amp and will most likely have to remove little colour coded clips from the cable to do so and it might tie you over until you can upgrade to "proper" (sorry...) speakers

Oh you'll need a new BR player as well if you are junking the main unit of you HTiB system.

I'll pm TV prices to you, I have you down for a 46PFL8605H when they become available but you are naturally free to change your mind and really treat yourself if you like:D

atb
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.