Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indoor/Outdoor/Farmer's Markets in the county

Options
  • 07-05-2010 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Does anyone know of markets that are currently running in the county, or an up to date website where I can find proper listings? Other than the obvious ones of Galway and Claregalway, anyone know of others?

There are one or two websites that have lists of markets throughout the country, some of these are so out of date, I found the name of an organiser for one market on one of them, it said last updated 2010 but when I called him he hadn't been working there since 2007. A lot that are listed on them don't even operate anymore.

I know Kinvara had a market on Fridays that was cancelled until April, is it running again? Ballinasloe has one, kind of, one stall does not a market make!

Any help appreciated,

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

Market in Barrack St in Loughrea on a Thursday morning, on the small side though. Have seen something similar in Gort on a Friday afternoon, only one stall though.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 velogalway

Kinvara is open again, was there today, excellent. Also I hear that one is due to commence shortly in Monivea and promises to be very interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭susanroth

moycullen have one on a friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Tipsygypsy

There was one in Oranmore from 1-6 on a Thursday, I havent been there in a while so not sure if its still there. Itwaas a nice little market though - will pop down next Thursday to see if its still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Spadina wrote: »
    Hi All,

Does anyone know of markets that are currently running in the county, or an up to date website where I can find proper listings? Other than the obvious ones of Galway and Claregalway, anyone know of others?

There are one or two websites that have lists of markets throughout the country, some of these are so out of date, I found the name of an organiser for one market on one of them, it said last updated 2010 but when I called him he hadn't been working there since 2007. A lot that are listed on them don't even operate anymore.

I know Kinvara had a market on Fridays that was cancelled until April, is it running again? Ballinasloe has one, kind of, one stall does not a market make!

Any help appreciated,

Thanks

An Spidéal has one on a Thursday 13:00hrs to 18:30hrs, gets very quiet over the winter, should be better now summer is here..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

One in Portumna every Friday, indoors. Details here....

http://www.portumna.net/countrymarket/

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Theponylady

Not a farmers market, but there is a poultry sale at Glenamaddy Equestrian Centre third friday of every month. Good place to buy eggs, and now and again there are people selling very nice homemade bakery products etc. And of course you can buy live chickens, ducks, and rabbits there.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭padraig71

Oughterard, Tuesdays in Keogh's yard. Just heard about it, haven't been yet myself.

Advertisement