Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gun licence

Options
  • 07-05-2010 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

i have recieved an acknowledgement of my firearm application which took 6 weeks how much longer should i be preparing to wait and plus firearm dealer informed me today he gave me wrong serial number so i have to hand in new bill of sale will this delay me much ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

lol i have been waiting for the last five months.:confused: meet the super and he said he would do it as quick as he can, ye right.:mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Thats a tricky one David.

Basically you have (through no fault of your own) applied for a firearm that you are not going to purchase. My first and strongest advice would be to contact your firearms officer and speak to him. Seek his advice and act on his instructions.

Normally if you apply for a firearm and the license is issued with an error, like wrong serial number, name, address, etc, you can use an FCA2 to amend the incorrect details. In this case though, irregardless of who is at fault, you applied for the firearm that the serial number relates to, not the actual firearm you intend to buy.

Again go speak with your FO. Ask him should you;

A) Allow the application to go through and amend the serial number after.
    B) Cancel the application and re-apply with the new serial number.
    C) Have the serial number changed on PULSE before the application is processed any further (if this is possible).

In relation to the expected time frame. I think most people are getting their grant letter anywhere from a few days to a week or so after the receipt letter. Not always the case, but it is the stronger trend of the way things work.

Go speak to your FO. He is the only man to really help you, both physically and legally.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement