Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seperate or consolidate

Options
  • 07-05-2010 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Phone is on the way out, iPod is 5 years old and doesn't hold battery charge for more than 30 min... Should I replace both or consolidate into 1 product, and would the preferred product be the iPhone or alternative. I would like FM radio as well...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Trubertq

Thanks Captain,

I need 1. Phone
    2. MP3 player
    3. Bluetooth
    4. FM radio
    Don't care about format, colour, etc.... Us pre pay atm, but could go contract tho have low usage so don't know if that matters
    Will pay for a highly recommended product, but don't mind a budget job either
    No operator preference, with Vodafone atm
    Don't need or want internet

Basically a good basic phone with bluetooth and a decent MP3 that I can use in the car.

Or will I stay with seperate products

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

How many hours would you be listening to the mp3?
    The reason i ask is, if your going to using it for music a lot, i would keep them separate. Mp3 players are real small, and you wont be annoyed all the time with battery going low and not having a phone, or afraid to listen to music encase the phone dies.

Also what brand phone do you preference?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭donkey balls

i used both a nokia n73 and a 20gb ipod while out and about since i got my n97(32gb) i droped both the n73&ipod.
    it has blue tooth, wifi,radio,fm transmitter,mp3 player etc

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

i used both a nokia n73 and a 20gb ipod while out and about since i got my n97(32gb) i droped both the n73&ipod.
    it has blue tooth, wifi,radio,fm transmitter,mp3 player etc
    An Nokia N900 suits your needs pretty well. It has 32GB built in storage, great media player and has an fm transmitter built in. That and it's probably one of the best phones out at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭donkey balls

An Nokia N900 suits your needs pretty well. It has 32GB built in storage, great media player and has an fm transmitter built in. That and it's probably one of the best phones out at the moment.

i reckon that might be the next moby if/ when 3 bring it out either that or a iphone 32gb 3gs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

If I was you I'd go for a Nokia with a whacking great 1500 mA battery. E52, E72 ... Something like that.
    Has all you want, unless you want to put your entire music collection on.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

consolidate.
    Consider what you were happy to spend on a phone and on a new Ipod and see what you can get. Im thinking your looking at €400 for the 2 youll get a phone that does it all for sub €300 and have huge spec

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

long_b wrote: »
    If I was you I'd go for a Nokia with a whacking great 1500 mA battery. E52, E72 ... Something like that.
    Has all you want, unless you want to put your entire music collection on.
    E72 as a media phone? =/

It would work I guess, but there are better phones for music and video.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Trubertq

Thanks guys and Gals... thats good info to ponder... I think battery life is a big issue..and yes I would want to put all my music on but thats only 1000 songs atm on the iPod.. it's 1st gen mini...might keep it as a museum piece... still have the box

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭not_xanthor

The N900 isn't for evey one.

Advertisement