Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

did u get a nursing interview?

Options
  • 07-05-2010 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

hey i got my letter this morning saying i got the interview yay! but everyone else i talked to got it aswell, how did everyone else get on?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭cmf86

I wont get mine till 5, finishing work now soon. My mum rang to say it was there but i wouldnt let her open it, cus im scared, lol! I hope I got the interview.

Will let you know at five!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 D_25

i got an interview and so did my friend. last year we got told the scores of our aptitude test, as well as the highest and lowest in ireland (so at least we cud look at the nursing careers book and c if we had any chance) v annoying that they didnt give them out this year...or are they doing it differently? any1 no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭sex panther

well my friend told me that they only give out the results of the apptitude test after the interview and that is always the way they do it,

Its silly the way the interview has no effect on your over all score, you either pass or fail the interview and if u scored high enough in the app test u get a place.

I suppose the interview is there to see who's right for the job and to weed out the wierdos, every body seems to have passed the test but i suppose i wudnt be too keen to come on here and tell every1 i failed if i did.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Laydee

I got one too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 onthehorizon

Yep got an interview too :D

Best of luck to everyone, hope you all pass the interview and get the scores you need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭delama

I got an interview too!! Yipee. I was looking at the stats of the last few years, and statistically only approx half of people sitting the apptitude tests pass, so i'm taking it as a good thing that I passed!
    On page 50 of Nursing: A career for you, the stats of 2009 for example say there were 1858 valid mature code applicatants and only 923 applicants passed the assessment, so well done to you all!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jewell

Hi All,

I got interview as well, Monday afternoon so delighted it will be over an done with early in the week.:D

Good luck to all with those interview questionaires

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 lily29

Hi - I received my results yesterday too. I passed the test also BUT because there is a high level of applicants for this year it seems they are only interviewing the first 659 people on the list. I am at 669 place on that list. very disappointed that I passed and am not going forward to the next round! Does anybody Know how this works?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

Lily are you serious?
    They interviewed over 900 last year. What the hell is going on?

I got my interview. I applied the day the CAO application opened so it may be in that order? Just a guess though.

Has anyone else got any information?

smilerxxx wrote: »
    Lily are you serious?
    They interviewed over 900 last year. What the hell is going on?

I got my interview. I applied the day the CAO application opened so it may be in that order? Just a guess though.

Has anyone else got any information?

Thanks for getting back to me:) Congratulations yourself on your achievement. Best of Luck hope it goes well for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 kay10

lily29 wrote: »
    Hi - I received my results yesterday too. I passed the test also BUT because there is a high level of applicants for this year it seems they are only interviewing the first 659 people on the list. I am at 669 place on that list. very disappointed that I passed and am not going forward to the next round! Does anybody Know how this works?

Thats crazy i got the letter aswell yesterday and got invite to interview, is that 659 in the whole country, wouldn't you imagine they would of told you that you failed altoghther, what college did you apply for

I applied for colleges all over Ireland and used up all my options on the CAO form. I think if I received a letter saying that I had failed I could get over it. Maybe it is due to the cutbacks in this county!! My understanding is that there is only 659 places only available for the mature student option for this year. :(

Theres definitely not 659 places for mature students, its more like 235, but I can't find a definite number anywhere. There are 1570 places for nursing altogether, and only 15 to 20% of those are for mature students.

I've heard that the reason they are only doing 659 interviews is because although candidates achieved the required level on the assessments, the scores they got are not likely to get them a place in college, and so its saving the time of both the PAS and the candidates themselves, and not putting them through an interview when they problably wouldn't get to the top of the merit list - not very nice, but at least it wouldn't be getting hopes up if you passed the interview, but then didn't have the points to get in anyway:mad::(

Thanks for the information I couldnt understand the way it worked with mature students. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Kayne

Thats mad there only interviewing 659 people .It sounds like there making cubacks everwhere.:mad:
    Checked out the stats on handbook they reduced the amount of places by over 300 last year from 1880 to 1570.
    Did a bit of math using the quota of places and reckon theres just over 300 places if thet dont do anymore chopping.
    Oh yah got my interview so halfway there.Anyone know how long does essays are supposed to be ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭sex panther

hey kanye, i was wondering that too, my friend is giving me her essays from last year when i meet her on thurs (she passed the interview and got id nursing) so ill let u know when i know. Are u typing out your answers or writing them out?

Hi guys
    I was wondering the same thing,
    I'm going to type them up. I'm sure we don't have to fill up the entire page in each one. I'd say once we're past the halfway mark on each we should be grand. Once we have our key points I reckon that should be ok, what do ye think. It's so nerve racking, not knowing whats enough etc. At least we know not to go over one page anyway.

I've tried to figure out how to type in the boxes without them expanding but can't figure it out. I got a reply in tech boards to press insert then type and that'll overite the blank spaces, but it hasn't worked for me. I'm sure I'm doing it wrong though so if anyone has suggestions i'd be very grateful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Kayne

Hi Panther ,Def typing them ,Imagine id irritate the interviewers if they had to translate my writing. Doing one of those interview prep courses for nursing,will let you know how it goes.Whens your interview?

smilerxx,
    when i'm finished typing mine in, i just delete the number of lines needed.

if you're scrolling down, there should be only one line after the box before you move to the next page, and there should be only one line above the next box on the new page. Does that make sense? I just click my cursor somewhere on the page, then use the arrow key to move it down, make sure theres one line after the bottom of the box, then you move to the next page, and theres on line before the new box.

i hope you know what i'm talking about!!:confused:

compare it to the original from the website, and you'll get the idea...

• Advertisement

Thanks girl,
    I've been trying the back buttons and all the rest. But you know yourself, everythng is such a big deal in your head that it feels like exploding!!! We should throw in interview party every night next week for everyone to unwind..... and i would say we'll phone GR to see of he can arrange something for us...but sure thats a bust now:eek:

Kayne wrote: »
    Thats mad there only interviewing 659 people .It sounds like there making cubacks everwhere.:mad:
    Checked out the stats on handbook they reduced the amount of places by over 300 last year from 1880 to 1570.
    Did a bit of math using the quota of places and reckon theres just over 300 places if thet dont do anymore chopping.
    Oh yah got my interview so halfway there.Anyone know how long does essays are supposed to be ?

a paragaraph or so id say, mainly just write on experiences you've had that cover all the six sections, and have a 2nd scenario as they'll ask you for another example :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Kay09

Hi guys,

I was invited for interview too, but am wondering is anyone doing that interview preparation day advertised on the day of the aptitude test??

I am tempted, as it offers help in filling out the horrible "Interview Preparation Questionnaire", but am wondering if it's just a company trying to make money out of nervous applicants! €130 seems a little steep... is there anybody who has done it before, know if it is worth while or is planning to do it...?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jewell

Hi Kay,

I did the aptitude prep day and it was only ok, I don't really know what the interview prep day could teach someone tho cos the experiences that we fill in on the form are personal to each individual. The instructions and advice with the interview questionaire are fairly clear and even gives advice to have other options for each skill area in mind in case your asked for another example. Doing the course, they might tell you what you could put down but you are still going to have to come up with your own experiences. hth and best of luck:)

Hi Kay,
    I agree with Jewell. I did the course in dublin last sunday, and not sure it was that much help. definitely not as helpful as the written prep one.
    if you're only 50/50 about going, i wouldn't bother.
    but you'll have to make your own mind if i'm afraid!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Kay09

Yeah I think you're right guys. Might just spend the few hours on Sunday thinking about my interview prep questionnaire instead.

Thanks very much for the advice! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 M mc bride

Passed the test too!!! findin the form really difficult thou... Can't believe its next week:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭cmf86

I am finding the form really hard too. Its really making me worried. I dont want to screw up and fail the interview.Its so nerve wrecking. I want this really bad

• Registered Users Posts: 35 BIFFOS

What are people thinking of wearing to the interview and when are they starting is it monday morning??? :confused:

• Advertisement

BIFFOS wrote: »
    What are people thinking of wearing to the interview and when are they starting is it monday morning??? :confused:

im wearing a suit and have interview on tuesday, what about yourself?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement