Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

did u get a nursing interview?

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cmc5000

Curlz wrote: »
    Ok - so I'm counting down the days until 6am on 7th July. Feel sick with nerves. its been such a long and painful process and knowing that places are so tight its very stressful!!!
    So at the end of May I decided to apply to Glasgow Caledonian for Nursing. It was more of a 'lets see what happens'. Never put much thought into it honestly. So that was the end of May I made my application through UCAS...and low and behold I was offered a place yesterday. I mean there you go how non - complicated/stressful/quick was that????? I have accepted the offer and to be honest i don't think i'll get it here as i only got 162. I have family in Glasgow I can stay with for a while. The fee's are £1,800 in Glasgow compared to €7,000 approx here (this is my 2nd degree so I'm not entitled to free fees/grants).

This is more of a rant really but when you see how easy it is for even a non-UK citizen to get a course and then the system here??? !!! I just don't know...:rolleyes:

In saying that I'm excited about the challenge and can't wait!!!!! :D

Hi Curlz,
    Congrats on getting into Glasgow. I'm going to apply to the UK and Just have a question for ya. Did u have much experience to put down on your application form to get accepted? Is there any allowances for mature students like tests etc? Is the 1,800 per yr or for course ?(presume per yr). Like yourself this will be my second degree so i wont qualify for any grant/fees so just have to take the plunge i reckon.

Thanks
    cmc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Curlz

cmc5000 wrote: »
    Hi Curlz,
    Congrats on getting into Glasgow. I'm going to apply to the UK and Just have a question for ya. Did u have much experience to put down on your application form to get accepted? Is there any allowances for mature students like tests etc? Is the 1,800 per yr or for course ?(presume per yr). Like yourself this will be my second degree so i wont qualify for any grant/fees so just have to take the plunge i reckon.

Thanks
    cmc

Hi cmc,

For my UK application I pretty much repeated what I had put on my CAO application. Experience wise I don't have any medical/healthcare so I volunteered in my local nursing home and in Temple Street with an organisation called 'Children In Hospital'. I included all of this on my application along with my 'regular experience/work history'. Not sure what you mean by tests for mature students, if you mean aptitude tests, no there was none. Once I was accepted I went over to see the college and arranged to meet with the course tutor just to get a feel of the course. It is a big decision to return to college but the closer it gets the more I am looking forward to it!! By the way I applied for the grant anyway so all they can say is sorry no money for you but ya never know! If you need any more info just let me know!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 BIFFOS

I got my 1st choice this morning am totally delighted life just got a whole lot simpler no 2 hour journeys too and from college now its a half hour to get there. I can work weekends or evenings and earn a bit extra so I am just thrilled. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

BIFFOS wrote: »
    I got my 1st choice this morning am totally delighted life just got a whole lot simpler no 2 hour journeys too and from college now its a half hour to get there. I can work weekends or evenings and earn a bit extra so I am just thrilled. :)

Congrats!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭sassypsych

BIFFOS wrote: »

Huge congrats I know how disappointed you were not to get your first choice. You must be thrilled and relieved at not having to do the journey now!!:D

• Advertisement

sassypsych wrote: »
    Huge congrats I know how disappointed you were not to get your first choice. You must be thrilled and relieved at not having to do the journey now!!:D

thanks sassypsych yeah a massive relief with the journey time and just having a life... thanks again;)

Larianne wrote: »
    Congrats!! :D
    thanks larianne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 niallo87

WildCatXX wrote: »
    Hi all, I also failed my interview... panel d9, i know what you mean about the midwife being a vulture!! I came out knowing I could have done better, some of the questions they asked were so difficult to answer well... i have a place on a pre nursing course but really I am gutted.. midwifery is really all I want to do. I'll be applying again next year and am glad to hear the interview is getting scrapped. I know I'm good enough to do the course, the nerves slightly got the better of me during that interview... and i did pretty well in the aptitude so am interested to see what i got..

hi :) is the midwifery interviews gone?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

niallo87 wrote: »
    hi :) is the midwifery interviews gone?? :)

Yes, now you just have to do the assessment.

If you go to this website: http://www.nursingboard.ie/en/careers.aspx and download the information at the bottom of the page, it will give you information on applying as a mature student.

There is a lot of information there.

As this is an old thread, I am going to close it. Feel free to start a new thread if you have specific questions about applying for nursing/midwifery.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement