Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

did u get a nursing interview?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 BIFFOS

It’s on Monday and I had a course all week with exams nothing to do with the interview just finished them today. So I just start on everything tonight the scenarios and all. They’re so daunting.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 kay10

BIFFOS wrote: »
    It’s on Monday and I had a course all week with exams nothing to do with the interview just finished them today. So I just start on everything tonight the scenarios and all. They’re so daunting.:rolleyes:

oh i know im working all weekend it will monday til i get to write them, thing is right on experience and dont lie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 _towser

I got my letter last week and I passed the test but because of the high numbers of successful applicants they have reduced the number of interview slots to 659.. Guess where I came on the list? 660...total bummer and I was so disheartened...Rang PAS and they basically told me that I just have to wait as there will be more than likely a few dropouts. I know its sounds horrible me saying this but i do hope just 1 person drops out of the interview stage so i get the chance to go forward....

_towser wrote: »
    I got my letter last week and I passed the test but because of the high numbers of successful applicants they have reduced the number of interview slots to 659.. Guess where I came on the list? 660...total bummer and I was so disheartened...Rang PAS and they basically told me that I just have to wait as there will be more than likely a few dropouts. I know its sounds horrible me saying this but i do hope just 1 person drops out of the interview stage so i get the chance to go forward....

God i would be the very same and id say there would definitely be more than one that is an no show, so don't loose hope yet :)

Thanks kay10, fingers crossed :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 lily29

Hi Towser,

I am in the same boat .I am only over a little... I thought about you - the person that was only 1 away!! It is horrible but at least your only 1 away. It will happen for you. I wish you all the best:)

lily29 wrote: »
    Hi Towser,

I am in the same boat .I am only over a little... I thought about you - the person that was only 1 away!! It is horrible but at least your only 1 away. It will happen for you. I wish you all the best:)

Hopefully good news should come soon... Wish you the best 2...I wonder how long we will have to wait before we get called?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭sex panther

hey towser, I think not every1 wants this as much as us and this is the first year that the interviews will be held in dublin so some people wont be arsed to go to dublin or wont be able, so i definatly think you'll be called at some stage!

oh and let us know how u get on guys, my interview is not on until thurs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 lily29

I had giving up hope until I read your commend today. I never rang the PAS. I found it unfair that we had passed the test and yet it wasnt good enough. The interviews begin this Monday and would reckon it lasts the duration of the week. I will ring the PAS myself next week and let you know what I find out :) Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ithread

Hi everyone

Anyone had their interview for Mature Students yet? They started today! I have one on Friday and wondered how it went for anyone?

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Beryl Walsh

How did the interview go?? I have one on Wens and am really worried, :(. Please could you give me an idea of what to expect.

In the same boat as you Beryl - mines is on Friday! I just wish I could get it over with!!!!! All this waiting all the time is unbearable ha!

I know, I am really starting to panic. No matter how much reading I do I still feel so unprepared for it!!

Don't worry Beryl - you'll be fine! Sounds like your preparing so thats brill! Fail to prepare and all that? I know where you're coming from though!

Hopefully someone who had their interview today will post up something for us so we get a feel for the interview and what to expect.

Hopefully Beryl, hopefully! Good Luck on Wed!

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

Hi girls,
    Best of luck!!!! I'm 14.40 tomorrow:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Go over to www.rollercoaster.ie they have a forum on midwifry 2010 but all disciplines are discussing things,
    Theres been a few posts already on the interviews today and from what i could gather, it was very quick...

Good Luck tomorrow - at least this time tomorrow it'll be over http://b-static.net/vbulletin/images/smilies/smile.gif

smilerxxx, how did it go?? I'm 2 o'clock tomorrow and am terrified.

Hi beryl

I'm just home now. I live in lmk so I got delayed on the way down. It went ok, I'm not very confident about it, but thats my personal feeling, so don't let that put you off.They were lovely and it was very very fast, about 20/25 mins and its over before you know it! They just asked about the subjects on the course and the scenarios so you'll be well prepared! Best of luck! and don't be nervous!!! Be yourself and you'll be great!

• Advertisement

smilerxxx wrote: »
    Hi beryl

I'm just home now. I live in lmk so I got delayed on the way down. It went ok, I'm not very confident about it, but thats my personal feeling, so don't let that put you off.They were lovely and it was very very fast, about 20/25 mins and its over before you know it! They just asked about the subjects on the course and the scenarios so you'll be well prepared! Best of luck! and don't be nervous!!! Be yourself and you'll be great!

Hi guys,

Had my interview yesterday thought it was tough i had 3 women one was very stern, mine just kept to the scenario's and asked for other examples and like beryl asked me the subjects we be doing, i don't feel great on how it went either didnt get any feeling from them that it was going in my favour, just know ye're scenarios and examples and ssubjects and ye'll sail through :)

Thanks for the advice guys! They have to give everyone the same sort of interview to be fair - they can't give anything away! I'm sure you've all done well! I have to wait til Friday now ha!

smilerxxx did they ask you for second Scenarios as well and if so do they spend a lot of time on them?

Cheers!

thanks for letting us know what to expect. I'm leaving now, I have my interview at 2.

Thanks kay10, fingers crossed :)

When you rang pas did they give you ur aptitude score

ithread wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice guys! They have to give everyone the same sort of interview to be fair - they can't give anything away! I'm sure you've all done well! I have to wait til Friday now ha!

smilerxxx did they ask you for second Scenarios as well and if so do they spend a lot of time on them?

Cheers!

Ya they asked me for another example on 2 of my scenario's, it depends what room ur in and who'll be interviewing you i was in D10 it says it on your invitation to the interview what room ur in, the 3 i had just focused on the scenario's and where i am working, you'll be grand:)

Hi Guys,
    It seems like everyone had the same experience at the interview they gave F&^k All away, which is bit of an anti-climax. It kinda threw me a bit, but now I know how everyone else felt I know it was the norm,
    I wasn't asked for 2nd scenario's but others were, I think it depends on what panel you have. I had D14 if thats a help to anyone. I'd have them prepared all the same. D14 is 1 guy and 2 women. One woman took notes throughout and the other two discussed the scenarios.

They don't go into too much detail on your scenario's as you've given it to them in writing. they'll ask a couple if questions about it then move on to the next scenario. It went very quickly that come the end I kinda wanted to say "No wait I've so much more to say to ye" LOL. As they didn't ask me about second scenarios I can't say how much detail they'll ask for, but if the original scenarios are anything to go by, they'll breeze through it!!!!
    Best Of Luck Girls, come one as soon as you can and let us know how it went for you. xxx

Oh god I feel sick! I still have two days to go!!!! Oh man! Just have to give it my al I suppose - after that its out of my hands! I can totally understand how quick it goes - hard to get everything across in 25 mins!!

Good luck everybody and thanks for all the advice guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 KenmareGirl

Hey guys! I have my interview tomorrow with Panel D14, same as you Smilerxxx!
    Was anyone asked any questions on the blue book, Requirements and Standards... Just curious. Hoping that Ill be able to control my nerves! Have to get the 5.50am train in the morning to arrive on time, so Ill be setting several alarm clocks tonight!!!

• Advertisement

I had my interview yesterday with D4. You really have to know your stuff. They went through my scenario's page by page and really asked a lot more questions with it. You really have to think on the spot. They will ask for other scenario's and not always relating to the 5 skills.
    Know your course content too.
    Hope that can help you guys and best of luck.:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement