Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

did u get a nursing interview?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ithread

At least its over Beryl and you can relax now! I am completely panicking today! I didn't think they were allowed to go off topic with it being such a structured interview - what were the other topics they asked you?

Maybe you were doing really well so they were making more of a challenge?

I am really worried now ha!

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sapphire77

Hi Guys Had interview on Wednesday, it felt like the quickest interview ever. A bit like when your driving test was over. I think they explore everything you say, a little bit like counselling and I think you just need to be yourself. Some of the questions they asked me I didnt quite understand and doubted myself to if I answered them correctly but in general it wasnt too bad. I didnt get asked about contents of the course but I think I might have fluffed things through nerves. I had a lump in my throat and every time I picked up the water it was spilling everywhere!!! Nothing more I can do now so going to enjoy the weekend with a good ol BBQ. and get over the bloody stress!!!

Well everyone, its over now and out of our hands! Enjoy the sunshine over the weekend - Stress free of course!

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 M mc bride

Hey every1, hope yous all did well, mine was a complete disaster, was so nervous, got sick before I went in and den could'n answer any questions cause I was so nervous.... really gutted!:(

Ah M mc bride, I'm sure it wasn't as bad as all that - they can see through nerves - they are there to make a judgement on how you come across and whether you are fit to study Nursing and see you as a Nurse? Don't worry about it - I know its easier said than done! Its the written test results that help secure a place - thats what I'm worrying about ha!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 M mc bride

Thank you, gonna try and be a bit more positive bout it, I can always try again next year... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Martina05

Hi, just wondering how people found the interviews this year? Is the final outcome decided by the aptitude test alone or does the interview have a big bearing on things???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭sex panther

Only the apptitude test determines our score, the interview only determines if u get through to the points stage, does that make sense?

I think its silly that the interview has no impact on our points but thats just me!

Yep, definitely seems a bit strange. If its going off the written assessment results why not just give places to the top scorers? Very odd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 onthehorizon

The inerview is to determine if you have the personality and personal skills/abilities to become a nurse and also to see if you are aware of the course you are signing up for.

Nursing is a very personal profession and I feel the interview is a good way of meeting candidates and seeing if they are committed and know about the degree and its complexities and also if they have the personality to fit the job. That is why they got everyone to fill out the questionnaire.

The brainest person in the world could fly through the test and yet have no compassion or abilities to make decisions.

That is why the interview is only pass or fail. You cannot tell much from the interview about someone but it does give them a general idea. It would be impossible to score as everyone is different in their own individual way, but if they feel you are right for the course you will pass.

• Advertisement

Thats very fair, well the results are being posted tomorrow so not much longer to wait. I think I'll be hanging round the letterbox sick with nerves Monday morning. Its so hard to know how things went!!! Wonder if everybody else is starting to freak out a bit.

oh im past freaking out, i repeated my lc last year and missed out by 15 points for nursing, so im back again this year on the mature route, so i think ill just get drunk for the weekend and maybe monday will come faster!:p

Yep, in a very similar situation, total pain in the ass. Hope u get good news Monday, wish the whole bloody thing was over & done with, not used of being this stressed out anymore!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Angelique

Feel your pain lads. If I do not get a place this year I will not try again. I refuse to relive this torture ever again. Good luck for Monday :)

hey so i passed the interview, but i only got 164 points, and the lowest score this year is 156, so im not far from the bottom!

im devastated tbh and i think im out of the running, anyone else get their results?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭delama

Hi SexPanther,
    I got 168, and am worried too. But i'm thinking that theres a chance points will come down this year. What do you think? There were 762 people on order of merit lists last year, and only 499 this year. Does that not mean theres less people going for the courses?

U shouldnt b devastated I got 156 the lowest but Im delighted I passed both, 164 is good.

i know i should be delighted with what i have but this is my second year applying and i want it so much, im just a bit frustrated,

If this years lowest is 156 what about the courses that were lower last year? example tcd psychiatric was 144 so they have to raise the points, thats my thinking anyways

I cant make sense of it, Im looking at plan B now, Im sure the interview has some point in it though, even though they say it is based on the test. This is my first time and really not sure if I could go through that again.

OK, so every course is going to have a minimum of 156. I just copped onto that! And so if 156 is the minimum but there 499 people competing for places, then all the courses will definitely be over 156. Is that right??....

• Advertisement

i think your right delema, unfortunately

I didn't get any letter this morning, maybe I didn't pass the interview, would they be notifying all those who passed first? Panic setting in!!!!!

Out of curiousity, what was the highest number this year?

Hi Martina,
    The highest number was 204, but the lowest was 156, so ID and Psych courses will defo be up loads of points...

Hi Delama, congrats on passing, I'll have to wait till tmo to find out, our post is always late. ID was 157+ in UCC last year so it'll probably go up a bit alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭trio

Hiya, I got 175, which I am pleased with obviously - I got 166 last year so I improved a lot. Last year I applied for NUIG and it shot up to 173 and I was gutted. I'd have gotten in the year before.

But given that not all the people who got 173 last year got in there as there weren't enough places, and that it'll most likely shoot up again this year, I still don't think that I will get in this year. Realistically speaking.

I'm not sure which is worse, not getting in by a load, or not getting in when you got a pretty decent score and only missing out by a point or two.

ETA:
    sapphire, the interview has no points. I wish I'd known that last year as I gave both tests equal weight in my mind. But this year I knew that the interview was only pass or fail (and I doubted I'd actually fail it) so I went hell for leather in the written.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Breegedoh

Hey there. This is my first year applying this route too and i only got 164 too. Bit disappointed as I know this will not be enough but cant see myself putting myself through this again. :mad: It is crazy what you have to do too. Good luck everyone else. Hope you all get in.:D:D:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Vimto

Hi Guys

thankfully I passed and got 181,

Congrats to everyone who achieved what they wanted and to keep trying to everyone else, whats for you wont pass you - as they say.

I think we can all take a deep breath now- just another 3 weeks to wait! the results are going to be on line from 6am July 7th....

Hi everyone!

I got 156 too - when I seen it I thought it was only me who got the lowest score!! It is just so hard - this whole process! Congrats to everyone who passed though!

I don't think I have a chance with 156 at all! I am totally gutted ;-( Maybe next year??

Good luck to you all!

• Advertisement

well done Vimto!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement