Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

did u get a nursing interview?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Beryl Walsh

I got my letter today. 175. I passed!! I am so shocked as I didn't get much of a chance to prepare for the written assessment as I was in India and did the assessment the day after I came back. I'm so chuffed. Sadly it still doesn't mean we get a place, :( When will we find out if we have a place does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Laydee

On the second page posted out with the results it says that there will be offers posted out on 6th July & they will be available on the CAO website at 6am on 7th July.
    A second round will be posted on the 4th August & they will be available on the CAO website at 6am on 5th August.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fearna

Hi i have applied for psych and was just wondering does anyone know roughly the percentage of applicants for psych as apposed to general this year or previous years. Got 162 in assessment and bit worried

Thanks. I didn't even look!! I was in such shock that I just read my results and that I'd passed and then ran around screaming and calling family and friends.

The quota is on that letter too. 35% of the overall psychiatric nursing places go to mature students. Did you fill up all 10 spaces on your CAO?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 kay10

D_25 wrote: »
    hey! i think out the the 659 that they interviewed 499 passed the interview and got scores ranging from 156 or sumthing to 204. ya i went to seamus, dont think we will ever find out our scores seeing as we didnt pass. sucks.

No we will i rang PAS today to get my score said they would be sending them out to people who failed aswell, did you feel you did badly in the interview, what room we're you in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fearna

No just the dublin colleges and waterford. From Wexford and dont fancy travelling too far. Between them last year there was 140 places so hoping thats enough i reckon there couldnt be more than 180 or so out of 499 wanting psych

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MS E Elliott

hi everyone... congrats to you all that passed... i went through the process last year and did well, but didnt get the course i wanted... so i did a pre nursing course for the year and loved it... went through the process this year and got a lower score than last year!! could not believe it!!... i even did the career services course in dublin!!
    best of luck to you all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 nursingal

Ms E Elliott if you dont mind me asking what score did you get both years? I have a score of 170 and based on every other years points i would have been offered a place but who knows what will happen with points this year. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jewell

Hi everyone,

Congrats to all of ye who recieved good news today :D and for those who didn't :mad:just don't give up,but put it to the back of your mind ( if thats possible) for this year and concentrate on 2011.

I'm delighted to be one of those with good news, Passed and scored 178. General in UCC is my 1st choice but if I only get offered ID, I will take it gladly,

J

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 MS E Elliott

hi nursingal..... last year i got 166... i want to do midwifery... and in trinity there score was 167....this year i thought i was doing everything right, getting experience etc... i got 163 this year... not likely i will midwifery... well done on your score... was this your first year doing it?....best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 busybee7

I have passed apptitude and interviews twice, scored between 160 and 173. two interviews with a different panel of people passed me and two interviews with the same panel failed me. on both the failed interviews I came out knowing I had failed, as the pressure and hostility during those interviews were immense. I am curious to know if others had this experience with this panel, or was it just me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 laine4

what panel was is buzy bee?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 nursingal

Busy bee that sounds strange and unfair. How did you score this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 laine4

i agree!!! well looks like we won't have to worry about interviews next year if previous posts are correct!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Martina05

I still haven't gotten any letter, still don't know if I passed or failed & going nuts...............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭sex panther

id ring the ncc martina, they might not give u your score over the phone but maybe they can tell u that they have sent it and it might at least put your mind at ease

• Registered Users Posts: 9 esween

hey all i only got 165 in test, am gutted, really thought i done better than that....but sure what can ya do... anyone apply to st. angelas college to do general nursing... hopefully the points will be low there this year, but aint holding out much hope.... if i get offered nuring somewhere i will prob be the oldest in the class as am 29... anyone else my age or near it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 D_25

kay10 wrote: »
    No we will i rang PAS today to get my score said they would be sending them out to people who failed aswell, did you feel you did badly in the interview, what room we're you in

hey! oh thats great that were getin our scores, id love to no!! no i actually thought i did well in my interview- even better than last year (wen i passed) and i even had more experience this year cos iv been working and done pre nursing!! dont no wat i did wrong but wat can u do :( cant remember wat room i was in now, d10 i think tho, they were lovely as well.
    how did u feel about urs? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 busybee7

Hi, Thankyou for replying.I think the room I was in D9. My previous msg stated I sat assesm and interview twice, this year was actually my fourth attempt, I havent yet received my score for this year, each year the lowest score accepted goes up, and ive missed it by 1 - 5 each time.
    Going back to my interview, I am interested in finding out how others got on that attented the same interview panel, I was the 1st in after lunch and when I came out, my heart went out to anyone about to go in, it was so awful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 kay10

D_25 wrote: »
    hey! oh thats great that were getin our scores, id love to no!! no i actually thought i did well in my interview- even better than last year (wen i passed) and i even had more experience this year cos iv been working and done pre nursing!! dont no wat i did wrong but wat can u do :( cant remember wat room i was in now, d10 i think tho, they were lovely as well.
    how did u feel about urs? :)

I felt i was so prepared for the interview had my scenarios gone over a milion times as im working as a carer for 3 years, but found one of the interviewers extremely stern and she through me completely, it was my first year applying but i'll give it a go again next year pg

finally got letter, postmaan delivered it next door by mistake. I passed interview but only got 157 in written so thats me well out. Gutted, I'm 36 so time's run out at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭delama

Hi Martina,
    So sorry to hear that, but you're not out of the running yet. Don't lose hope. What courses are you applying for?

Hi Delama, i've applied for every nursing course in UCC, & also for social care in CIT. I didn't get a mature student interview for that but my points from my LC years ago might still get me in....if the CAO points points don't go through the roof. Have you applied for loads, you have a very good shot at it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭cmf86

esween wrote: »
    hey all i only got 165 in test, am gutted, really thought i done better than that....but sure what can ya do... anyone apply to st. angelas college to do general nursing... hopefully the points will be low there this year, but aint holding out much hope.... if i get offered nuring somewhere i will prob be the oldest in the class as am 29... anyone else my age or near it?

I have st angelas as my third choice for general and ID as fourth. Your not that old at 29, lol, dont be putting yourself down! im 24!

busybee7 wrote: »
    Hi, Thankyou for replying.I think the room I was in D9. I am interested in finding out how others got on that attented the same interview panel, I was the 1st in after lunch and when I came out, my heart went out to anyone about to go in, it was so awful.

I had my interview with panel D9 too, there was a dark haired midwife there & I described her as a vulture to everyone afterwards, she seemed so hostile & was almost sarcastic when talking about my answers. I was terrified that I'd failed!
    When she read out one of my scenarios she just said that I came across as a geek, I was so shocked that I didn't know what to say & I started laughing & just said "yes, you are correct in assuming that, I can be a geek" I was so sure that I had failed but luckily I didn't. I was on the Friday & assumed she was just annoyed from interviewing all week.

Hey Martin I also applied for social care in Carlow as one of my friends did that course and loved it. Why weren't you called to interview?? I was and it was horrible. Group interviews are really hard cause not only are you feeling embarrassed in front of the interviewer but also in front of a room of 12 other people!! I so messed that one up, :(

I meant Martina05 btw, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭delama

Hi Martina, I applied to all the dublin colleges, and dundalk also. Its really hard to tell what the points will be this year. remember that theres only 499 people on the list, so never say never!! good luck. This time 3 weeks we'll know for sure. i'll be bringing my laptop to bed so i can check at 6am without getting out of bed!!!
    I'll just be happy to put an end to this one way or another. I'll be gutted not to get anything, but can't wait till its all over and I can move on. Don't think i'll apply again next year. I'm a firm believe in 'if its meant to be, it will'!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Cliona99

Found a link to this on the rollercoaster forum. Looks like things will be different for anyone applying or re-applying next year.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/1120/1224259179496.html

Nov. 20th, 2009
    The Irish Times.
    "Meanwhile, the nursing board decided yesterday to scrap the interview process for mature applicants for the nursing degree programme from 2011. Instead they will do a job simulation exercise which is expected to better test communication and interpersonal skills. More than 300 of the more than 1,500 nursing places are set aside each year for mature students. The idea of having a job simulation exercise for all other applicants for nursing courses in the future is also to be looked at, to ensure equity for all."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement