Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

did u get a nursing interview?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ithread

Hi there

has anyone been asked to get vaccinations before they start their course? I am only doing a 1 year pre-nursing course but my acceptance letter states I have to get the first two rounds for hep A and B jobs?

Anyone know where I get these done? I know there is a place in Dun Laoghaire but they only seem to offer to people travelling and can't find a contact number or email?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 lindalinda

Hi,
    Its normal to have to get the hep b jabs, because you will be on work placement and you have to have hepititis protection before workin in health care, you can get them at your local Gp's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 D_25

hey guys, did any1 who didnt pass the interview get there aptitude test scores? i herd we were going to anyway but i havent yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Laydee

Everyone should have received an email today to say how we scored in the aptitude test.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Kayne

Hi All ,

Got letter as well ,leaves you no better off Top (86% - 100%) which is probably within a huge range 175-200 points.
    E-mailed back to find out is this out of-- how many people applied 2000i sh
    how many people got an interview 600i sh
    or how many people passed interview459 .(presume its order of merit list?-which is what-
    skills Experience Questionnaire
    Your Score 55 Qualifying Score 36
    Verbal Test
    Your Score 60 Qualifying Score 44
    Numerical Test
    Your Score 66 Qualifying Score 40
    Top (86% - 100%) This

Hoping for mental nursing UL points last year 166 - there will def be a jump in points so not holding my breath on that.

Interesting breakdown ,Knew the skills experince was computer read and answered every question in what i thought would get best points(have actually ton of voluntary work). Dont know how you can beat that one,

Proud of score though even if it is out of 2200 entrants.

Good luck everyone , Understand peoples pressure ,getting in has to be the hardest part.

• Advertisement

I did, I did! Still didn't help my score of 156 though ;-/

It was great to see where I went wrong and what was my weakest/strongest part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 nursingal

Kayne, i am wondering the exact same thing as you. Just knowing my score and looking at last years points gave me some hope of getting an offer but now im not so sure. I wanted to know the overall standard this year compared to last year so i could predict whether points would go up or down, but now i dont know where i stand. It would be so much more helpful to know. I got 170 which puts me in the 72%-86% bracket but 72%-86% of what, the 2223, 659, 499 or what? Ahh head wrecking stuff!

Hi nursingal

I would think that your in the percentage out of the 2232 people who sat the test? I wouldn't be sure bu thats what I thought?

Maybe someone else will know??

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Beryl Walsh

I'm lost. I got the email and I got 175. Is that good?? Does that help me with getting a place?? :confused:

Hi Beryl
    I think everyone who done the test will get the email?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Beryl Walsh

I suppose we just have to wait and see what happens on the 7th.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

Hi guys

I got mine 174 points-Top 86%-100%
    Again it doesn't tell us much.

Kayne I'm hoping for mental health in UL also, I think your 180 aren't you? so your ahead of me anyway? did youu have general first?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Kayne

Inquired with ncc about what the overall score is related to (70-85% e.t.c ).is it 20000 initial entrants or those that got score or to those that passed interview , and was told to refer to page 10 of manual.
    Only reference to this is as below .

A mature code applicant who passes the NCC written assessment and interview is placed on the list for each mature course code for which she has applied.
    -the overall score in the NCC written assessment determines an applicant’s position on the order of merit list for each mature course
    code for which she applied.
    Does the score apply to people on the order of merit list only?
    Still dont know what overall score is related to? Looks like it could be initial entrants.So if you are in top 85-100 percent that mean there could be still 300 people ahead of you with 85% out of 2200.

Hi smiler ,yep i have general 1st.UL always seems to have high points .Sucks we would have got in handy last year.

I think its out of the 2223 who sat the test, its computerised and government run so theres no way they'd put that much effort into breaking it down to the different stages. I'd say its just the test that you rank in that percentage.

The qualifying score was 120 in total, but everyone under 156 was excluded, i believe ncc changed that this year. Basically they couldn't interview a lot of people (no money, work to rule etc) So they started at the highest score and counted down 659.

So if your in the top percentage thats out of 2223. But those percentages would change if you ranked it out of the 499. So for example, my score was 174 and i was in the 86-100% but i believe thats out of 2223 so out of 499 i'd rank in the lower bracket id say. Just an observation. This process is a nightmare.

Kayne odd question, are you a guy? Psych has the highest male percentage in UL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 nursingal

I rang PAS and its out of the number of people that passed. They wouldnt tell me this number, but its obviously more than 659 because people passed the test but werent called for interview. So based on previous years its abut 50% that pass the test so approx 1150 passed this year so that is the number our overall percentage group is calculated from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 laine4

but the people that passed, passed both written and interview in order to be put on merit list. right? and the e mail says this determines where you are on the order of merit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭sassypsych

Just to verify for everyone the numbers you have been given are percentiles NOT percentages of people. So if you in top percentile (86%-100%) that mean you scored 86-100% better than everyone else. Theyare comparision scores to let you know how well you did compared to everyone else.

It doesn't matter how many other people did the test it shows you how well you did over the majority of people who took the test.

smiler you are in the top group which means you did brilliantly!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Martina05

does anyone know what the points were for psych in UCC last year? I got 157, wondering if I'll scrape in........

Last years points for UCC psych were 165. ID was 157.

Thanks sassy, you've been a great help through this :):):) Just having a **** day, so i'm annoyed at the whole process! I really think there wasn't much point in sending us those though. Not until afterwards anyway, i'm fit to be sectioned and Im applying for psych, how ironic LOL

• Advertisement

realistically the points aren't going to drop, are they.....pity. ah well, always next year

smilerxxx wrote: »
    Thanks sassy, you've been a great help through this :):):) Just having a **** day, so i'm annoyed at the whole process! I really think there wasn't much point in sending us those though. Not until afterwards anyway, i'm fit to be sectioned and Im applying for psych, how ironic LOL

Aww sweetie chin up I tell ya you are getting your place I know it....you can tellme how right I am on Wednesday :p:p:D I expect a text at 6am :eek:

Sorry you having a bad day. At least we only have another week. Would hate to be waiting till august for offers!!!

Good news for me today...I interviewed that childminder and she was fabulous...another weight off my mind :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Moomia

Martina05 wrote: »
    does anyone know what the points were for psych in UCC last year? I got 157, wondering if I'll scrape in........

Martina do you mind me asking what percentage group you are in with a score of 157??? Just wondering because above 171 is in the 86-100% and 157 isn't too far from that so wondering where you fell???

You never know don't give up hope you may still get an offer!!!

Aww sweetie chin up I tell ya you are getting your place I know it....you can tellme how right I am on Wednesday I expect a text at 6am

Thank you I will be expecting a text from you at the same time YAY!!!!!!!
    You'll have to go in to your kids rooms and dive all over the beds!!!! LOL
    Martina do you mind me asking what percentage group you are in with a score of 157??? Just wondering because above 171 is in the 86-100% and 157 isn't too far from that so wondering where you fell???

You never know don't give up hope you may still get an offer!!!

+1 on this too

7 days 10 hrs....let the countdown begin

hi moonia, I got middle percentile, 46% to 59%, not sure what it means for me but I'd be guessing only top scorers will be getting an offer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Moomia

Martina you never ever know...you still beat how lots of people to interview and you passed it so that's an amazing achievement in itself so be proud of yourself for that!

I only got 171 so I have no idea where i stand I'm in limbo, sometimes I think yes i have a chance but then I realise how many other people are looking for the same place as me and I think no its not to be this year.

Where have you applied to, will you apply again next year if you aren't successful this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 D_25

hey guys!! good luck to every1!! i got my email today with my breakdown and got 185 points but didnt pass the interview..so annoying cos might have got it! :(

Hi Moomia, 171 is brilliant, is it general you've applied for? Fingers crossed for next week for you! I applied for ID and Psych, and I've already signed up for 1 year nursing studies courses & a social studies course. I'll apply again next year & if I don't make it then I'll train as a social worker. I'd have loved ID but social care would be good too.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Laydee

Oh God D25, that must be terrible to know you did so well, I'm sure you'll do just as well if not better next year & you'll get in then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 goz84

i failed the interview this year, the interview panal decided i didnt understand the course, so i passed all the other parts and failed on the final question. was upset but have decided to try again next year. gutting thing is i sailed through the written exam with great results!
    so what im trying to do this year is to get more understanding of nursing as a prefession. am thinking of applying for nurses aides jobs, would anyone recommend it or done it before? i have worked as a social care worker for the past 4 years so i might be somewhat prepared for it.
    any help or advice greatly appreciated!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement