Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

did u get a nursing interview?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Angelique

If you're not employed at the moment I would suggest going for the HCA course with fas. You learn a lot plus you get loads of experience on that when you re out on placement :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 goz84

thanks for that! ill look into it. really liking this idea about studing in Scotland though! is it too late now to apply does anyone know? have just quit my job to go to Nepal for 6 weeks so hopefully i can start something when i get back

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Laydee

England & Wales start their nursing courses in Sept & there's a second intake of students in the following January, you could see if Scotland do that too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 lily29

Does anybody know if you study in scotland do you get any financial assistance besides the vec grant?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 BIFFOS

goz84 wrote: »
    thanks for that! ill look into it. really liking this idea about studing in Scotland though! is it too late now to apply does anyone know? have just quit my job to go to Nepal for 6 weeks so hopefully i can start something when i get back

think you should apply for a pre nursing course near you try to get back to education . don’t tell em you quit just say u got let go. it will be a great way of getting an understanding of nursing i have done both the fas and pre nursing course and i think the pre nursing is more in-depth and will lead you on the right path. but u'd want to apply now those places fill up quickly they are adult education courses in secondary schools no walk in the park going back to secondary school but would be a great foot in for going back to college.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭sassypsych

Just wanted to wish everyone who is waiting on offers tomorrow good luck. I hope you all get exactly what you want and can look forward to uni life as of September!! :D:D

Does anyone know how the CAO works. If you get your first offer and it’s not what you want should you accept it in case the next offer is not what you want either or worse it is further away. By accepting it how do you cancel it down the line if you get the course you want or something closer?

Biffos you have to accept the offer you got. In the next round you might be offered something higher up on your list and you can change then. Its important to accept your current offer just in case you do not get other offers next round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Moomia

Biffos, if you get your first offer it cancels out all other offers underneath it because they see your first choice as your number 1 preference thats why its soooo important to put it in order of preference for you!!!

If you get say your 3rd choice and accept it you can still get offered your 1st or 2nd choice in later rounds and you accept them they then cancel out the 3rd one you had accepted you know???

On another note got my first choice General in Trinity/Adelaide. Super delighted :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Martina05

did they say what the points are yet, by any chance? Well done to anybody who got offers!!!!!!

No not yet. Probably they ll put them up on the NCC website later today :)

Surely the points won't be out until October? Some people may still get their course in a later round so even CAO may not know the points until all courses are full & offers are over.

No they are usually up in July.

Have a look at this link :

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=61132771

Thanks for that. I can't wait to find out what the points were now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 leah24

got my third choice dcu c&g delighted :D

did many people apply for athlone.... could you let me know if you got in and what points you got pls.

Moomia wrote: »
    Biffos, if you get your first offer it cancels out all other offers underneath it because they see your first choice as your number 1 preference thats why its soooo important to put it in order of preference for you!!!

If you get say your 3rd choice and accept it you can still get offered your 1st or 2nd choice in later rounds and you accept them they then cancel out the 3rd one you had accepted you know???

thanks moonia and anelique for advice cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Boo13

I got my second choice, General in UCD.....i'm thrilled!!! Can't wait to start! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jewell

Hi Fellow Nurses to Be:D....I got my 1st choice - General UCC...sooooooooooooooooo excited, really need the summer to get over the lenghty process of the mature nursing application, all worked out for the best tho:D

• Advertisement

does anybody have an idea what the points were yet, I might scrape in with the 2nd round of offers.......

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ithread

Yes! Someone please tell us when the points will be available ;-) The suspense is killin me! I'm hoping to scrape in in round 2 - please god!

Yep, it's bloody endless, isn't it!!!!!! I think that if I don't make it this year though, I'd rather miss out by a load of points rather than just one!!

leah24 wrote: »
    got my third choice dcu c&g delighted :D

That's what I got, you'll be in my class :D
    You should join us on RC, there's 5 of us going into that class :)http://www.rollercoaster.ie/boards/mc.asp?ID=518021&G=66&forumdb=4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 lindalinda

hey does anyone know do many offers come out on the second round im hoping to get a higher offer than i recieves, i know im only 3 points off what i want

lindalinda wrote: »
    hey does anyone know do many offers come out on the second round im hoping to get a higher offer than i recieves, i know im only 3 points off what i want
    hey lindlinda
    you can phone the college get through to admissions and they will tell you where you are in the order of merit I’m 8th in the college I want am gutted as they more or less said no hope at all of 8 pulling out. Anyway good luck to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 LRK

hey biffos what course you goin for in athlone, im goin for psych n general but only got 162 points so i rang today n was told im 6th on place 4psych n 21st plae 4 general so not getn my hopes up. How many points u get, did u apply 4galway too.

Martina05 wrote: »
    Yep, it's bloody endless, isn't it!!!!!! I think that if I don't make it this year though, I'd rather miss out by a load of points rather than just one!!

hey martina 05 u an ring colleges n ask them where u are on the merit list, just ask ta be put through to admissions, i did it today n at least it gives you some understanding of your chances of getn a place.

LRK wrote: »
    hey biffos what course you goin for in athlone, im goin for psych n general but only got 162 points so i rang today n was told im 6th on place 4psych n 21st plae 4 general so not getn my hopes up. How many points u get, did u apply 4galway too.
    i got 172 ive gotten galway but its too far will see how the other rounds go. 6th is not bad there maybe a chance u get a place IN Psych

• Advertisement

BIFFOS wrote: »
    i got 172 ive gotten galway but its too far will see how the other rounds go. 6th is not bad there maybe a chance u get a place IN Psych

well done 172 is a very good score, its obviously general u want id say u have gud chane an second offers. Id love ta get galway its closer to me points musnt not have gone up this yr 4galway cause last years points were 173 so fingers crossed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement