Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easa Essays

Options
  • 07-05-2010 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know anywhere online where you can get a list of Essay Titles for the Modules? or even some already written essays to see what lent/ type of content is required??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭zig

mightnt have exactly what your looking for but this is a great site for all questions both modules and essays.

http://www.aircrafttechtrng.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭aircraft tech trng

Module 7 Essay Titles

Discuss the methods of protection against HIRF and the checks/inspections which would be carried out after a fault was entered in the tech log.

On carrying out a system check of a stall warning system it is discovered that the first officers stick shaker is inoperative. Describe how you would fault find the system and how you would rectify the defect.

On trouble shooting an IDG overheat lamp fault, it was discovered that the connector of the IDG had evidence of overheating. Describe in detail the fault rectification process and how all the work should be recorded.

During an engine start it is noticed that the No.2 ignition system is not working. What are you going to do to fix the problem and what certification (if any) is required?

After heavy maintenance an aircraft is taken outside for engine runs. the engine will rotate but not ignite, describe the possible causes of this and how you would go about fault finding this problem

On a walk round inspection you notice smoke/vapour in the starboard wheel well. Describe the actions you would take and list possible causes.

The pilot reports a burning smell from the flight deck air conditioning system. State your actions and detail possible causes.

Describe how you would replace a PCB, and the precautions you would take.

Describe in detail your actions after finding a landing gear strut low.

On a major hangar inspection you find corrosion in an unpressurised panel. Detail your actions to return the aircraft to service.

Describe the procedures when inspecting a brake unit. What would you do on discovering a brake unit 'worn to limits'?

Describe the procedure, documentation used, and those to be filled out when jacking a nose wheel aircraft over 5700kg.

List NDT techniques commonly used for inspecting aircraft structure and
    components. give details of defects it will find, what materials the techniques may be used on and what are the chief advantages and disadvantages of each technique.

There is 2 inches of wet snow on the aircraft, the temperature is –2oC, what are your considerations before releasing the aircraft for departure?

Describe how you would carry-out a fuel contamination test.

Describe how tooling is controlled within a Part-145 maintenance organisation.

Describe the procedure of a hold-over item

Module 9 Essay Titles

Describe in detail the effects of stress on an engineer and how environmental factors affect stress. Discuss how these affects can be minimised.

If a major skin repair was being carried out on an aircraft and you were the team leader, and the repair was not going to be completed within your shift period, how would you do a shift handover for the next shift?

Describe human error in aircraft maintenance and the inspection
    environment, and describe how it can be minimised.

There are many different types of maintenance error reporting schemes. Maintenance Error Decision Aid (MEDA) is one. Explain its implementation and how this is achieved within a company?

Name two pressures the engineer is subjected to, how they originate and how to prevent them

Describe the Liveware (L) interaction and relationships in aircraft maintenance to you as the L within the SHELL model and give and examples of such interaction / relationships to

Describe organisational culture and how it affects the individual engineer.

Describe in detail the effects of stress on an engineer and how environmental factors affect stress. Discuss how these affects can be minimised.

With regard to circadian rhythms, expand on the following:
    What does 'circadian' mean?
    What is a 'circadian rhythm'?
    How is the body affected after a long flight over several time zones?
    Ref. above - how can the effects be minimised?
    What is meant by 'post lunch low'?
    With respect to circadian rhythms, what is meant by 'acrophase'?

You are a shift leader carrying out a major airframe repair that will not be completed during your shift. How are you going to communicate this to the incoming shift with regards to outstanding work, data and spares?

If a major skin repair was being carried out on an aircraft and you were the team leader, and the repair was not going to be completed within your shift period, how would you write a shift handover for the next shift?

What are the different types of stress encountered at the workplace, and as an employer, what are the ways to relieve stress of your employees?

What is the impact of human factors on:
    a) Maintenance scheduling, and
    b) Environmental factors

Describe Maintenance Error Decision Aid (MEDA) and how is it utilised for accident prevention.

Module 10 Essay Titles Only

You are a JAR OPS organisation. Explain how you would set-up an aircraft maintenance organisation.

Describe in detail the process of obtaining a Part-66 Basic Licence and then describe how a Part-145 quality department can issue a type approval

Describe the process for attaining a Part-66 licence and how you can obtain an extension to the basic license.

An aircraft has suffered structural damage due an accident/incident. Describe the inspection and management procedures and relevant paperwork for rectification.

You are a Part-145 company - what audits would the quality department need to carry out to retain the company approval? An organogram would help your answer.

Explain in some detail what areas of a 145 approved company need to be audited by the company's quality department. An organogram of the 145 structure may be helpful

What are the considerations when moving a private category aircraft into the Commercial Air Transport category?

You are an organisation that imports an aircraft in to the EU, what are the continued airworthiness requirements and what are the continued airworthiness implications".

What are the requirements to be met to import an aircraft to be used as commercial air transport and what are the continued airworthiness implications?

Describe the contents of the Air Navigation Order (ANO), British Civil Airworthiness Requirements (BCAR), Commission Regulation (EC) 2042/2003 and Commission Regulation (EC) 1702/2003, and describe the relationship between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Celtic Mech

Some of the above Questions are not intended for exams under the IAA...i.e. the very last one which asks about BCAR's! The CAA tend to ask slightly odd questions in the essays...some of which can be put into a type rating question.....such as "On carrying out a system check of a stall warning system it is discovered that the first officers stick shaker is inoperative. Describe how you would fault find the system and how you would rectify the defect". This would be a typical question aimed towards people familiar with Boeing aircraft (among others)....i.e. someone find the stick shaker on an Airbus Fly By Wire aircraft and you will be doing extremely well!!
    The essays should be aimed at basic principles and nothing type related.

I remember from when i was doing my B1 a few years ago a few essay topics in general:
    Mod 7:
    How would you go about Jacking an aircraft in a hangar environment
    Questions about Stores...i.e. Bonded Stores etc. Also about segregating Serviceable and U/S Stores
    Mod 9 - Cant remember too much from These!

Mod 10
    -Under Part 66, list the licence categories and what each entitles the holder to do.
    -ICAO Annexes---Name 5 and give brief description
    - along the lines of setting up Part 145 maint organisation and name the figure heads required to set it up...i.e. Form 4 postholders etc

I agree the questions these days are more directed at a type rating. The day EASA was implemented, the day the oral exam was dropped.......... thats where it all changed. Pre EASA an oral was required and thats what seperated the men from the boys. So yes the essays were more directed to the standard tasks on a day to day basis.But now with no oral it seems the essays are more directed to the text books and how much one can digest.....

Here is a list of more essays for Module 7, 9 and 10.. I have more essays on my website but with the possiblilty of being banned by the moderator I wont post the site name. My website is my username with no spaces.

Module 7 Essay Titles

Discuss the methods of protection against HIRF and the checks/inspections which would be carried out after a fault was entered in the tech log.

On carrying out a system check of a stall warning system it is discovered that the first officers stick shaker is inoperative. Describe how you would fault find the system and how you would rectify the defect.

On trouble shooting an IDG overheat lamp fault, it was discovered that the connector of the IDG had evidence of overheating. Describe in detail the fault rectification process and how all the work should be recorded.

During an engine start it is noticed that the No.2 ignition system is not working. What are you going to do to fix the problem and what certification (if any) is required?

After heavy maintenance an aircraft is taken outside for engine runs. the engine will rotate but not ignite, describe the possible causes of this and how you would go about fault finding this problem

On a walk round inspection you notice smoke/vapour in the starboard wheel well. Describe the actions you would take and list possible causes.

The pilot reports a burning smell from the flight deck air conditioning system. State your actions and detail possible causes.

Describe how you would replace a PCB, and the precautions you would take.

Describe in detail your actions after finding a landing gear strut low.

On a major hangar inspection you find corrosion in an unpressurised panel. Detail your actions to return the aircraft to service.

Describe the procedures when inspecting a brake unit. What would you do on discovering a brake unit 'worn to limits'?

Describe the procedure, documentation used, and those to be filled out when jacking a nose wheel aircraft over 5700kg.

List NDT techniques commonly used for inspecting aircraft structure and
    components. give details of defects it will find, what materials the techniques may be used on and what are the chief advantages and disadvantages of each technique.

There is 2 inches of wet snow on the aircraft, the temperature is –2oC, what are your considerations before releasing the aircraft for departure?

Describe how you would carry-out a fuel contamination test.

Describe how tooling is controlled within a Part-145 maintenance organisation.

Describe the procedure of a hold-over item

Module 9 Essay Titles

If a major skin repair was being carried out on an aircraft and you were the team leader, and the repair was not going to be completed within your shift period, how would you do a shift handover for the next shift?

Describe human error in aircraft maintenance and the inspection
    environment, and describe how it can be minimised.

There are many different types of maintenance error reporting schemes. Maintenance Error Decision Aid (MEDA) is one. Explain its implementation and how this is achieved within a company?

Name two pressures the engineer is subjected to, how they originate and how to prevent them

Describe the Liveware (L) interaction and relationships in aircraft maintenance to you as the L within the SHELL model and give and examples of such interaction / relationships to

Describe organisational culture and how it affects the individual engineer.

With regard to circadian rhythms, expand on the following:
    What does 'circadian' mean?
    What is a 'circadian rhythm'?
    How is the body affected after a long flight over several time zones?
    Ref. above - how can the effects be minimised?
    What is meant by 'post lunch low'?
    With respect to circadian rhythms, what is meant by 'acrophase'?

You are a shift leader carrying out a major airframe repair that will not be completed during your shift. How are you going to communicate this to the incoming shift with regards to outstanding work, data and spares?

If a major skin repair was being carried out on an aircraft and you were the team leader, and the repair was not going to be completed within your shift period, how would you write a shift handover for the next shift?

What are the different types of stress encountered at the workplace, and as an employer, what are the ways to relieve stress of your employees?

What is the impact of human factors on:
    a) Maintenance scheduling, and
    b) Environmental factors

Describe Maintenance Error Decision Aid (MEDA) and how is it utilised for accident prevention.

Module 10 Essay Titles Only

You are a JAR OPS organisation. Explain how you would set-up an aircraft maintenance organisation.

Describe in detail the process of obtaining a Part-66 Basic Licence and then describe how a Part-145 quality department can issue a type approval

Describe the process for attaining a Part-66 licence and how you can obtain an extension to the basic license.

An aircraft has suffered structural damage due an accident/incident. Describe the inspection and management procedures and relevant paperwork for rectification.

You are a Part-145 company - what audits would the quality department need to carry out to retain the company approval? An organogram would help your answer.

Explain in some detail what areas of a 145 approved company need to be audited by the company's quality department. An organogram of the 145 structure may be helpful

What are the considerations when moving a private category aircraft into the Commercial Air Transport category?

You are an organisation that imports an aircraft in to the EU, what are the continued airworthiness requirements and what are the continued airworthiness implications".

What are the requirements to be met to import an aircraft to be used as commercial air transport and what are the continued airworthiness implications?

Describe the contents of the Air Navigation Order (ANO), British Civil Airworthiness Requirements (BCAR), Commission Regulation (EC) 2042/2003 and Commission Regulation (EC) 1702/2003, and describe the relationship between them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Here is a list of more essays for Module 7, 9 and 10.. I have more essays on my website but with the possiblilty of being banned by the moderator I wont post the site name. My website is my username with no spaces.

Ok first off stop pimping the webpage i do like it and it is a great tool for people to use and a great contribution to the forum. I would ask you just to redirect guys to the useful links page here on boards as thats what its here for. since you rejoined us you have contributed great photos and good debate to the forum and for that i thank you. But for the website please just tell people its in the useful links section and the odd time bring it into conversation where appropriate. where myself or pclancy dont have to say something. Otherwise keep up the good work. Andy

No problem Andy. Jst like your site is helpful and at no charge I'm also doing the same. just want to put a little help out to the lads into aviation. Hey your section of BOARDS.COM is great it really is. One of the best forums I've ever come across

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 amevoice

@andy

I like many of your forum topics i can redirect it to your forum pages.......

If you need any help regarding Aviation - EASA questions & Aircraft manuals then visit
    <Snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

amevoice wrote: »
    @andy

I like many of your forum topics i can redirect it to your forum pages.......

If you need any help regarding Aviation - EASA questions & Aircraft manuals then visit
    <Snip>

Amevoice.
    You already have your link in the useful links thread. Please contribute to the forum. If you wish to link to your website please link sutbley to your sig.
    Andy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

alan1990 wrote: »
    Does anybody know anywhere online where you can get a list of Essay Titles for the Modules? or even some already written essays to see what lent/ type of content is required??

Thanks
    who are you sitting them with? shannon aerospace?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

who are you sitting them with? shannon aerospace?
    Yeah Aerospace!

A little advise, especially with module 7............. whatever the essay is based on, an inspection, task, procedure, at least 70% of the marking goes towards the safety side. I mean if you were asked the procedure to jack an aircraft, every aircraft has its own AMM. Even if you dont know the procedure refer to the AMM in the essay but highlight the safety points at all times. ie Pulling CB's, correct parts, servicable equipment, refering to the AMM, calibrated tools.................... etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Niall2002

Hey just wondering has anyone got any good information on the essay titles / multiple-choice questions that are possible for module 7 in Zurich. Sitting them on Friday so any help would be greatly appreciated!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jack12345678

I know this thread is dead but I was wondering if anyone had a link to some sample answers for mod 7. they tend to be fairly vague about how they should be answered. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bodisan1

Hello!
    Yoy should look up aerochapter
    They have a question bank. Very usefull!  and freee.Good luck!

Advertisement