Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walkers Flavour Cup crisps.

Options
  • 07-05-2010 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Has anybody tried these new flavours? So far I like Garlic Baguette. Saw Irish Stew but couldn't bring myself to taste them.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

so far have tasted:

argeninian steak
    dutch edam cheese
    english roast beef & yorkshire pud
    brazilian salsa
    japanese - terenaki chicken (or something like that)
    french garlic baguette

none of which impressed .... they vaguely taste of what they are supposed to (brazilian one tastes like a spicy tomato flavour) ....flavour on all of them is a bit .... flat.

Garlic Baguette was alright, Dutch edam is ok, ...didnt enjoy English one.

not impressed so far ....question is ...how many of these flavours are left overs (no pun intended) from the create a flavour competition ???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Quite liked the Teriyaki ones.

Bring back Chilli Chocolate!
    Nom nom nom :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭sudzs

Thought the American Cheeseburger flavour wasn't bad - sort of Big Mac-ish!

Not impressed by the teriyaki chicken, garlic baguette or german sausage flavours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

I'd try them if I could find them... seems if crisps aren't Cheese & Onion, Salt & Vinegar or Ready Salted the supermarkets aren't interested in stocking them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

^ Tesco have them, 6 pack for 99cent or 3 (slightly bigger bags) for €1.

So far I've tried:
    Spaghetti Bolognaise
    Garlic Baguette
    Teriyaki Chicken
    BBQ Kangaroo
    Sweet Chutney

I thought the teriyaki chicken, bbq kangaroo and sweet chutney all tasted kind of similar but were nice.
    Spaghetti Bol was nice.
    Wasn't impressed with garlic baguette, not much flavour off them at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I've had the American cheeseburger - gross! Tastes like the mustard/ ketchup bun on a mcDonalds burger

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

PCPhoto wrote: »
    so far have tasted:

argeninian steak
    dutch edam cheese
    english roast beef & yorkshire pud
    brazilian salsa
    japanese - terenaki chicken (or something like that)
    french garlic baguette

none of which impressed .... they vaguely taste of what they are supposed to (brazilian one tastes like a spicy tomato flavour) ....flavour on all of them is a bit .... flat.

Garlic Baguette was alright, Dutch edam is ok, ...didnt enjoy English one.

not impressed so far ....question is ...how many of these flavours are left overs (no pun intended) from the create a flavour competition ???
    I have actually tried every single flavour you did also, and found my thoughts on them to be very similar. I liked the Brazilian Salsa ones a touch, but it was that spicy tomato flavour that attracted me to them although I wouldn't dare buy another bag.
    I couldn't find any other varieties like the Italian, Aussie, South African ones anywhere, but I think it's good I stopped with what I had tried. Really not the most impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

I love the american cheese burger flavour, it's so addictive! Tastes like McDonalds. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Saw Irish Stew but couldn't bring myself to taste them.:D
    I had the irish stew and it was lovely, best crisps I have had in ages, lots of fat in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

Have tried all the 'Northern Europe' ones and the 'American' ones. Dutch Edam and American Cheeseburger are my favourites. The rest were cr*p. I love how the cheeseburger one tastes like pickles :P

I have no interest in trying the Irish Stew, too many suppressed memories of my mother's terrible cooking :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Truley wrote: »
    I have no interest in trying the Irish Stew, too many suppressed memories of my mother's terrible cooking :(
    It really tastes nothing like irish stew, a few of us had them and all were impressed, tasted like they were loaded with MSG to me but weren't. Dunno what you could say they tasted like TBH, just tasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Found the english roast beef & yorkshire pud ones to be quite tasty. Must try the Irish Stew one so.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,426 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

PCPhoto wrote: »
    What did you expect salsa flavour to taste like?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

So far I've had

Japanese Chicken Teriarki(sp) : I like it, kinda like a spicy chicken (would you have guessed :rolleyes:
    German Bratwurst Sausage : A bit sickening
    Brazilian Salsa: Yum yum, like the spicy tomato Hunky Dory sticks you could get in the tubes in the 2 euro shops
    Dutch Edam Cheese: Ok, Im not a big fan of cheesy crisps anyway.

Advertisement