Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New 24" Monitor

Options
  • 07-05-2010 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

So I have decided that I am going to buy myself a 24" monitor. I was reasonably happy until yesterday with the specs I had decided on i.e. 1920 x 1080, 5ms response and spending roughly €200.

I then learned that a 120Hz 24" monitor has recently been released meaning that 3D gaming could be coming soon-ish especially since ATI will be releasing their own 3D glasses mid 2010 (apparently).

Now I realise that 3D gaming is probably at least 2 years away, and the idea of future proofing is a dream, but given that if I buy a monitor today, it will last easily up to 5 years, should I consider saving for a while to buy a 120Hz monitor?

If as I suspect that there is no real point in waiting, does anyone have any suggestions to other specs I should consider when buying a monitor?

I have tried to look at reviews, but each review seems to be totally subjective with no real scientific basis (as opposed to gfx cards/ CPUs which can be benchmarked).

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Ok so I have pretty much narrowed it down to either:

Acer X243HAbd or BenQ 2410HD or LG W2361V-PF

At the moment I am leaning towards the Acer since all the specs are similar. Does anyone have any other suggestions or can anyone see or know a reason why I should choose a different monitor to the Acer?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I havent bought an LCD screen in ages but heres my 2c anyway. The LG is imo the most aesthetically pleasing and it also has HDMI. The Acer isnt as nice looking and it doesnt have a HDMI input but it does have an extra inch. Wouldnt be mad on the Benq as is pretty much the same as the Acer and it will end up costing more than the other two if you order it from overclockers.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭darconio

May I reccomend this in the same price range?

I have it and it is absolutely great

Advertisement